Pineapple Cream Dessert, a creamy easy no-bake dessert. Made with crushed pineapple and cream with a graham cracker or cookie crust. Also known as Pineapple Dream Dessert, this is the perfect after dinner dessert.
Whenever it’s the Italian’s birthday his choice of dessert is either this one or any kind of Tiramisu!
This was one of my Mom’s amazing recipes. Anytime she asked what dessert we would like her to make for family gatherings or just because. This is the one dessert that came up time and time again.
This easy no-bake dessert is perfect anytime especially during the hot summer months when turning on the oven is not great idea.
- Graham cracker crumbs – or cookie crumbs
- Butter – melted
- Butter – softened
- Powdered sugar – also known as Icing sugar or confectioners’ sugar
- Vanilla – vanilla extract
- Cream – whole/heavy or whipping cream with at least 30% fat content
- Pineapple – crushed drained very well
How to make Pineapple Dream Dessert
Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down firmly in a square pan. Place in fridge and continue with the filling.
In a medium bowl cream softened butter and powdered sugar, cream well, add the egg and beat until smooth then add vanilla. Spread over the crumbs.
In a medium bowl, whip the cream until thick peaks form, then fold in the well-drained pineapple, spread over the cream filling.
Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of crumbs. Place in freezer for at least 5 hours or over night. Let thaw before serving.
What to substitute for raw eggs
For the replacement of raw eggs, you can try using a product called Egg Replacer or there are now pasteurized egg products and pasteurized eggs available.
I usually make it the night before and let it sit all night in the freezer. I take it out of the freezer an hour or so before serving to let it thaw and become all nice and creamy. Nothing easier than that.
How to store the Pineapple Cream Dessert
Also know as Pineapple Delight or Pineapple Dream Dessert, it should be stored covered with plastic wrap in the fridge, it will keep for up to 4-5 days in the fridge. It can also be frozen, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer safe bag or container. It will keep for up to 6 months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
What is the best base to use?
I like to use digestive cookies crumbs, although my Mom always used graham cracker crumbs. You can always use your favourite cookies and just grind them to make crumbs.
So next time you are looking for a delicious and east No Bake Summer or anytime fruity dessert this Pineapple Cream Dessert could be a perfect choice. The perfect Easy Summer Dessert Recipe. Enjoy!
No-Bake Pineapple Cream Dessert
- 1 1/4 cups + 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs* (divided) (122 grams)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted) (53 grams)
* You can also use your favourite cookie crumbs or my favourite digestive cookie crumbs.
- 1/4 cup butter softened (53 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar (60 grams)
- 1 large egg*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups whipping or whole cream (420 grams)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained very well wring out the excess liquid with your clean hands)*
*15 or 20 ounces, I usually use the 15 ounce can.
- In an 8 inch (20 cm) square or round freezer safe baking dish combine crumbs and melted butter, press down firmly in the pan. Place the pan in fridge and continue with the filling.
- In a medium bowl cream well the softened butter and powdered sugar. Add the egg* and beat until smooth then add vanilla. Spread over the crumbs as evenly as possible.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream until thick peaks form, then fold in the well-drained pineapple (medium or large can depending on how much pineapple you prefer) and then spread over the cream filling. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs. Place the dessert in the freezer for at least 5 hours or better still over night. Let thaw before serving. Enjoy!
*For the replacement of raw eggs, you can try using a product called Egg Replacer or there are now pasteurized egg products and pasteurized eggs available.
Updated from May 29, 2017.