Strawberry Bread a delicious Homemade sweet loaf made with fresh strawberries and topped with a creamy strawberry glaze. The perfect Summer Quick Bread.
Fresh Strawberry Bread
I made this Strawberry Sweet Bread a few months ago back in Italy when Strawberries had just come out. Since I had already posted a few Strawberry Recipes this year, I thought I would hold onto this one until next summer.
More Strawberry Recipes
But after being in Toronto for the past month, and walking all over the city and checking out farmer’s Markets and outdoor fruit grocers I decided that Strawberries were still very much on everyones minds and food lists.
So therefore, I give you a Homemade Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe.
So needless to say this moist Strawberry Bread also has mascarpone as an ingredient, because as you know I love Mascarpone! But don’t forget, last week I posted a recipe on how to make your own Homemade Mascarpone that is not only delicious but saves money too!
By the way this Quick Bread recipe is more along the lines of an Italian Plum Cake, which I know is a strange name, but that is what Italians actually call a sweet bread and no there are no plums involved. So where that name came from is a good question and no one really knows the answer to it! 🙂
More Delicious Sweet Breads
Sweet Breads make a great quick dessert, snack and why not have a slice for breakfast? I didn’t want one that was over loaded with strawberries, but just enough to give it flavour and moisture. I knew the cream cheese and strawberry frosting would add the perfect touch. The Italian and our friends thought so too.
How to Make Strawberry Bread
- Beat Mascarpone and sugar
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- add oil and beat
- then add the flour and baking powder and combine
- Fold in the chopped strawberries
- Bake for about 50 minutes, let cool and frost or dust with powdered sugar and serve. So good.
If you aren’t crazy about frosting, this Strawberry Bread is delicious just as is or do as the Italians and add a dusting of powdered sugar.
My husband is normally not a frosting lover but this Strawberry Frosting went over big. Not too sweet and with that little bit of tangy taste from the cream cheese and the pureed strawberries it was so good.
Whether you have it for dessert, snack or a slice with your morning coffee I hope you enjoy it!
Homemade Fresh Strawberry Bread
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs (remove from fridge 30 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn or sunflower)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries (approximately 3 large strawberries)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Grease and flour an 8-8 1/2 inch (20-22 centimeter) loaf pan. Pre heat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl beat mascarpone and sugar until creamy, then add the eggs one at a time and beat, add oil and beat to combine. Add flour, beat then add baking powder and beat until smooth (1 minute), fold in chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake for approximately 45-55 minutes, test for doneness with a toothpick. Let cool completely before frosting or dusting with powdered sugar.
- In a blender puree the strawberries and sugar then whisk in the cream cheese, combine until creamy, if you want a thinner frosting then add a little more strawberry puree or a little cream or milk. Frost cooled Strawberry Bread. Enjoy.