Strawberry Quick Bread, an easy made with fresh Strawberries sweet loaf, the perfect dessert, snack or breakfast treat.
It seems I can’t keep strawberries for more than 10 minutes in my house. My daughters love them. I was never even liked strawberries until I was pregnant. When all I would crave were strawberries.
I have never baked them before until I was given this recipe from yes once again, my cousin. It is actually a muffin recipe but I decided to make it into a sweet bread.
Strawberry Quick Bread
And it worked. I served this Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread as a dessert for a get together, I added a simple white glaze to it and it was pretty well all eaten up by the end of the evening.
I think my eldest daughter loved it the most, every time she took a slice she remarked “you know Ma this is really good”!
You can always tell when something is a success in this house, when desserts, whether they are sweet breads, muffins, cakes or pies are constantly sliced and eaten.
When one after the other they drift into the kitchen, pick up the knife, cut a slice and drift back out just to return again in 10 minutes and the cycle continues until there isn’t a crumb left.
Whether you decide to make this Strawberry Quick Bread into a sweet loaf or muffins, glazed or not, I hope you like it too! Enjoy!
Easy Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread
- 1/4 cup butter softened (50 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar (150 grams)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour (270 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries (195 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C Celisius). Grease and flour a 9 - 9 1/2 inch (24 centimeter) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar add egg and combine.In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.With a wooden spoon add flour mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture in three parts, then add vanilla, mix just until combined. Gently fold in the strawberries.Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan, if desired sprinkle with topping**. Bake for approximately 45 - 50 minutes. Let cool completely before drizzling with a simple glaze.**topping - mix 3 teaspoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix together until smooth, icing sugar, vanilla, cream and milk should be quite thick. (if you want it thicker add more powdered sugar/icing sugar)