Fresh Strawberry Bread, a delicious sweet loaf, quick and easy to make. Perfect as a dessert, snack or even breakfast. Add a simple glaze to fancy it up!
Fresh Strawberry Bread
It seems I can’t keep strawberries for more than 10 minutes in my house. My daughters love them. I never even liked strawberries until I was pregnant. And then all I would crave were strawberries.
I served this Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread as a dessert for a get together. I drizzled it with a simple white glaze, and it was pretty well eaten up by the end of the evening.
I think my eldest daughter loved it the most, every time she took a slice she remarked “you know Ma this is really good”!
How to make Strawberry Bread
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With a wooden spoon add flour mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture in three parts.
- Then add the vanilla, and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 – 50 minutes. Let cool completely before drizzling with a simple glaze.
How to make a simple glaze
In a small bowl mix together until smooth, the icing sugar, vanilla, cream and the milk. It should be quite thick. If you like your glaze very thick then just add more icing sugar.
How to store Strawberry Bread
Be sure to let the bread cool completely before storing. Be sure to wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or foil, then place in an airtight plastic bag or container.
The bread can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to two to three months.
You can always tell when something is a success in this house, when desserts, whether they are sweet breads, muffins, cakes or pies are constantly sliced and eaten.
When one after the other they drift into the kitchen, pick up the knife, cut a slice and drift back out just to return again in 10 minutes and the cycle continues until there isn’t a crumb left.
Whether you decide to make this Strawberry Quick Bread into a sweet loaf or muffins, glazed or not, I hope you like it too! Enjoy!
Easy Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread
- 1/4 cup butter softened (50 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar (150 grams)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour (260 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries (195 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C Celisius). Grease and flour a 9 - 9 1/2 inch (24 centimeter) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar then add the egg and combine.In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.With a wooden spoon add flour mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture in three parts, then add vanilla, mix just until combined. The mixture will be thick. Gently fold in the strawberries.Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, if desired sprinkle with topping**. Bake for approximately 45 - 50 minutes. Let cool completely before drizzling with a simple glaze.**topping - mix 3 teaspoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix together until smooth, icing sugar, vanilla, cream and milk should be quite thick. (if you want it thicker add more powdered sugar/icing sugar)
Update from April 12, 2017.