This Easy Tiramisu Recipe for Kids is simple easy and so delicious. No coffee, no eggs and no alcohol. Made with an ingredient that kids and adults will love. Creamy and so yummy this is the perfect Easy Kid Friendly Tiramisu.
There is probably a Tiramisu Recipe for everyone. Including this Easy Tiramisu Recipe with no alcohol, no eggs and no coffee. And the best No-Bake Dessert.
Tiramisu which means “Pick me up”. A reference to the espresso coffee which is used in the Traditional Tiramisu Recipe. The first time I tried this Tiramisu was a birthday party for my nephew. My sister-in-law made the classic Tiramisu and another very delicate Tiramisu made with what I think is almost every kid’s favourite, chocolate milk.
- Ladyfinger cookies –
- Chocolate milk – any type
- Mascarpone cheese – room temperature, it’s easier to cream
- Cream – heavy, whipping or whole cream at least 30% fat content, cold from the fridge
- Powdered sugar – also known as icing sugar or confectioners sugar
- Cocoa – unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
I make this Easy Tiramisu Recipe for kids even a little more kid friendly by not adding any eggs. Just some creamy mascarpone and whole cream. It’s even better when you make it a three-layer-dessert!
How to make Tiramisu for Kids
- Instead of dunking the Lady Fingers in strong coffee I dunk them in chocolate milk. You can either make your own chocolate milk or purchase it pre-made.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Whip the cream (real cream not cool whip) and the mascarpone together until thickened, spread it on top of the lady finger base, sprinkle with some chocolate flakes if you want, then continue with another layer or two, finish it off with a dusting of cocoa just before serving!
- Instead of cocoa you could sprinkle with chocolate shavings or even chocolate chips.
- Be sure to refrigerate it at least 5 hours or even better over night before serving.
What to substitute for Lady Finger Cookies:
If you can’t find the cookies then you could always use a cut up Sponge Cake, Angel Food Cake or Pound cake, cut the cake into squares and place them on the bottom of the pan, then spoon the chocolate milk over the top.
What if I don’t like Cocoa?
If you don’t like cocoa you can always sprinkle the top with chocolate chips or even grated chocolate. Or just leave it plain.
Is Tiramisu soggy?
Tiramisu should not be soggy, so make sure you don’t leave the lady fingers sitting in the chocolate milk. Just dunk and turn once or twice quickly to cover. Also be sure to whip your mascarpone and cream until thick and creamy, stiff peaks are best.
How to Store Tiramisu
Tiramisu can be left at room temperature no more than 2 hours, then be sure to store it covered in the fridge, it will last up to four days in the fridge.
Tiramisu can also be frozen, be sure to cover well and place in an airtight freezer bag or container, it will keep in the freezer for up to two weeks. Thaw the dessert in the refrigerator.
Never mind the kids this Easy Tiramisu recipe, just might become everyone’s favourite. Enjoy!
Easy Tiramisu Recipe for Kids
- 21 lady finger cookies (more if needed)
- 1 cup chocolate milk (240 grams)
- 1 cup mascarpone (225 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream (300 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered / icing sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate flakes or chips (25-50 grams)
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl add mascarpone, whipping cream and sugar. Whip until quite thick.
- In a medium bowl add the chocolate milk, dunk Lady Fingers one at a time turning to coat but do not leave submerged.
- Add in a single layer in baking dish 7 1/2 x 6 x 2 1/4 inches (20 x 15 x 6 cm), 7-8 cookies to each layer. Spread with 1/3 – 1/2 of the cream mixture (depending on how many layers you want to make).
- Sprinkle with chocolate flakes (if desired) and continue with remaining 1-2 layers. Sprinkle top layer with chocolate flakes or dust with cocoa powder just before serving. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or better still over-night before serving. Enjoy!
Updated from June 20, 2015.