This Puff Pastry Pancetta Asparagus Quiche is filled with chopped pancetta or bacon, asparagus and Swiss Cheese. One of the best quiche combinations you will ever taste. The perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe idea!
At one point in my cooking journey I was on a quiche fad. Anything quiche and I would make it.
All my family had to say was “oh this is good” and I would make it and make it again. Until I would hear “this again”?
So quite a bit of time has passed since I served any kind of Quiche, which is what my youngest daughter said to me the other day. And that is all I needed to hear.
How to Clean Asparagus
- To clean the asparagus, rinse it well and rub away any dirt.
- Using your fingers, snap off the bottom inch or so of the asparagus stalk, the stems will break easily where the tough part ends and the tender part begins.
- Then dry the spears gently with paper towels.
I actually had some leftover asparagus from re making my Penne with Sausage and Asparagus Cream Sauce the other day. So I decided A delicious Pancetta Asparagus Quiche was the way to go!
And why not try it with a puff pastry base instead of a regular pie crust? I also decided that one of our favourite cheese would be perfect, yes Swiss Cheese! It was so good.
How to make Asparagus Quiche
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water until tender, then drain and let cool.
- Fry either chopped Pancetta or Bacon.
- Place unbaked pie crust in the pan, crimp the edges, brush the crust with a little milk and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the cooked pancetta or bacon, top with tender cooked asparagus.
- Pour the beaten egg, cream and spices, stir in the shredded cheese and then pour over the asparagus.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
More Asparagus Recipes you may enjoy!
So if you are like me and it has been forever since you made a quiche. Then why not bake one up for dinner tonight? Buon Appetito!
- 1 pre made puff pastry pie crust (or regular pie crust if you prefer)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash or two of pepper (if desired)
- 2 cups swiss cheese (shredded)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C), lightly grease and flour a 9 inch pie plate.
In a large pot of boiling water cook asparagus until tender (approximately 3-5 minutes), drain and let cool.
In a medium frying pan cook pancetta or bacon until golden. Drain on a paper towel.
Un roll pie crust and place in pie plate, trim and crimp edges, brush the bottom of the dough with a little milk and prick with a fork, sprinkle with the cooked pancetta or bacon, and top with tender asparagus.
In a medium bowl beat together with a fork the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Then stir in the shredded cheese. Pour over the asparagus and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Let sit 3 - 5 minutes then serve. Enjoy!