Easy Cheesy Asparagus Quiche is a delicious tasty Spring time Quiche, perfect for lunch or dinner, serve with a salad and Dinner is served. Makes the perfect brunch idea too.
Cheesy Asparagus Quiche has become a delicious lunch time favourite in our house.
How long has it been since I made a Quiche? A long long time. To tell the truth I think I got scared of serving my family another Quiche.
I sometimes get carried away when I cook or bake, when I make something that goes over really really well I tend to make it and make it and make it, although I have been trying to control myself these last few years.
This was the case with Quiche. Maybe because Quiche brings back good memories of my life in Canada. I used to order Quiche and a salad and I still love that combination.
The other day when I was doing my grocery shopping I noticed the arrival of asparagus.
I love seeing asparagus at the grocery shop, it also means we are getting closer to spring. And I can just imagine how many of you just can’t wait for that, with the cold and snowy winter that you were forced to bear, a little bit of spring will be a warm welcome.
More Delicious Egg Recipes you may enjoy!
Needless to say when I saw that perfect bundle of asparagus I immediately thought Quiche, Asparagus Quiche.
I reasoned enough time had passed since the last time I made this dish, they will devour this.
This Asparagus Quiche made with a flaky pie dough (I purchased a pre-made pie dough) filled with steamed asparagus , some creamy Gruyere cheese, eggs, cream and milk.
A perfect weekend lunch idea and oh don’t forget a simple tossed salad.
Although strange isn’t it they never get tired of friday night pizza!
- 14 asparagus stalks
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 pre-made pie crust unbaked
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180 celsius)
- TO CLEAN THE ASPARAGUS
- If you buy really thick asparagus then you might want to peel the outside woody part with a potato peeler. Snap off the tough base of each spear, this is usually around the bottom third
- of the spear, where the stem starts to turn tender. Keep only the tender part. Chop into 1/4 inch (3/4 centimeter) sizes. Boil or steam for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a 10 inch (26 centimeter) pie plate, place the pre made (or homemade) pie pastry, brush with melted butter, and spread the steamed asparagus on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk and salt, stir in grated cheese.
- Pour mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn oven down to 325° (160° celsius) and bake approximately 30 minutes more. Quiche will be cooked when a knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Updated from March 10, 2015.