Peaches and Cream Roll Bread, a soft delicious sweet yeast bread, filled with sliced peaches and covered in a delicate, silky, cream cheese frosting. Peaches and Cream Roll Bread is perfect for Breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
Ever since I started making sweet bread I have been wanting to make something with Peaches, one of my favourite Summertime fruits.
Last Summer I made an Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake, but this year I decided I don’t want to wait until the warm weather again. And then I thought, “what if I want a sweet bread with peaches at Christmas Time? Then what? No, I can’t because peaches aren’t available yet.”
But they are if you use canned peaches! I know, nothing’s like fresh, but when you really, really want something, why not?! And I did. And I am so glad I did.
One good thing about canned is you don’t have to peel them, just slice and go. First thing I did was I made my easy sweet dough, then I rolled it out. I spread the top of the dough with some softened butter, topped it with my sliced peaches mixture and then rolled it up.
No need to slice it just place it whole in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, let it rise for an hour or two, depending on the warmth of your home, brush it with some milk and bake it.
Peaches and Cream Roll Bread
When it has cooled completely that’s when you frost it with this silky lightly sweetened cream cheese frosting. Adding a little cream instead of milk gives it that creamy richness that we all love.
So however you decide to serve this Peaches and Cream Roll Bread with a tea or coffee as an afternoon snack or even a Breakfast bread, I hope you enjoy it! Happy weekend.
- 2 1/2 cups flour 300 grams
- 2 tablespoons butter softened 30 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1.40 grams
- 1 3/4 teaspoon yeast 5 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 ml
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar 40 grams
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 tablespoon milk 125 m(warm to a little warmer than room temperature
- 2 whole peaches thinly sliced fresh or canned
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice 7.5 grams
- 1/2 cup sugar 112.5 grams
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50 grams
- 1 tablespoon corn starch 8 grams
- 2 1/4 tablespoons cream whole or whipping cream (more or less depending on desired thickness) 34 grams
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature) 100 grams
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar 55 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.1 grams
- In a medium bowl gently toss together peaches and lemon juice, in separate bowl whisk together sugars and corn starch, gently toss together dry ingredients into peach mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt and sugar, add yeast and mix gently, make a well in the middle and add egg, butter and vanilla, mix with a fork, slowly add milk (warm to a little bit warmer than room temperature). Continue to mix with a fork until it is almost all together.
- Then move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead for approximately 15 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Form into a ball, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
Remove from fridge and roll into approximately 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 centimeters) rectangle, spread with 3 tablespoons softened butter (leave a little bit of an edge uncovered), spread with peach mixture, roll up starting at short end. Place seam side down in 10 or 11 inch (25-27 centimeters) loaf pan. Cover well with a tea towel (I use a folded up tablecloth) and let rise 2 hours in a draft free warm area.
Whisk together cream cheese,sugar and vanilla, gradually add cream until reaches desired thickness. Spread on cooled Roll Bread.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celcius).
- Before baking brush the dough with a little milk, then bake in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes (test with a toothpick). Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!