Homemade Pumpkin Soup never tasted so good. A lighter Pumpkin flavour, thanks to a few added ingredients. Creamy and delicious. Don’t forget to add some Parmesan Croutons.
I think one of the best things about Fall, (although I have to admit Fall is my favourite season, so I love everything about it), has to be soup!
Squash is everywhere in the stores now. So I have been experimenting a bit with it this year. I even made a very tasty Pumpkin Focaccia with Black Olives.
My daughter and my husband aren’t crazy about a really strong Pumpkin taste so I made it creamy and on the lighter side with the addition of potatoes and leek.
How to Make Pumpkin Soup
- In a large pot add olive oil and the chopped leek, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the cubed pumpkin, potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper and broth.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Then blend until smooth.
- Re heat with a little cream and serve with Homemade Parmesan Croutons.
It’s so easy to make Parmesan Croutons, just take some day old crusty Italian bread. Cut a few slices, I remove the crust but you probably don’t have to.
Cut the slices into cubes, toss with a little olive oil and a couple of tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Place the cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, halfway through mix them up so they brown on all sides.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
More Delicious Winter Soups
One of the best things about a thick hearty soup such as this Pumpkin Soup is that you really don’t need anything else, except maybe a good crusty bread and a simple salad.
Since I added a few extra ingredients to this Soup Recipe to lessen the taste of the pumpkin I think pretty well any available squash would work in this soup.
Such as butternut, acorn, Kabocha and pumpkin (such as Small Sugar, New England Pie, Baby Pam, and Pik-A-Pie).
So if you are looking for a tasty Homemade Pumpkin Soup to make this Fall and Winter Season, I hope you give this a try. Buon Appetito!
Homemade Pumpkin Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek (cleaned & sliced)
- 1 pound pumpkin (cubed)
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1-2 dashes pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cream
HOMEMADE PARMESAN CROUTONS
- 4 slices day old crusty bread (about 2 cups, remove crusts if desired)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot add the olive oil and sliced leek, cook for approximately 2 minutes. Then add the cubed pumpkin, potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil on medium high heat, then lower heat and continue to cook for approximately 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth, pour soup back into pot and add the cream, stir to combine and heat until hot. Serve with homemade parmesan croutons. Enjoy!
HOMEMADE PARMESAN CROUTONS
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a medium bowl toss together the cubed bread, olive oil and grated parmesan cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, halfway through baking flip the cubes and continue baking.