One pan Italian Sauteed Shrimp, just five ingredients makes this a quick and easy shrimp recipe. The perfect anytime dinner idea.
Italian Sauteed Shrimp
I love going to those steak houses in Canada and eating those huge shrimp with cocktail sauce. Or a get together, well I am the first one looking for one of those shrimp rings.
To tell the truth, when I am back home I still think that way. But here there are no shrimp rings with cocktail sauce, but there are shrimp.
The first time I had Sautéed Shrimp was when I was newly married, and my husband and I were invited to our very good friends’ house for dinner.
I knew I was in for something tasty, since she is such an amazing cook. And she didn’t let me down. Naturally I was in the kitchen watching and making notes of every step.
How to make Sauteed Shrimp
- In a large pan add olive oil, garlic cook for approximately 30 seconds, then add the shrimp, sprinkle with salt and chopped parsley.
- Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque. Stirring often. Serve immediately.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
Peeled, frozen or fresh shrimp are all perfect for this seafood recipe. If you use frozen, place the shrimp in a colander and rinse under cold water, this will thaw them enough for cooking.
I even use unpeeled shrimp sometimes and you can call it the Italian Peel and Eat version!
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes
No shrimp ring? No problem! Sautéed Shrimp? Yes please. Just as good? Maybe better. Seriously, this is a dish you need to try. Buon appetito!
Italian Sautéed Shrimp
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (with or without shell and deveined)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2-3 pinches salt (if needed)
- In a large pan add the olive oil, garlic, shrimp and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and salt.
- Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque. Stirring often. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Updated from April 2014.