Easy Italian Shrimp Pasta, a delicious fresh herb sautéed shrimp made even yummier served tossed with spaghetti. Fast and easy never tasted so good.
Easy Italian Shrimp Pasta
I have to admit I am not a great lover of fish. I have come to enjoy a few types of fish, but I would never choose a Trout over a steak.
That said, I might just pick this Pasta Shrimp over any steak. I am a devout follower of anything made with pasta. I can’t get enough. And this Pasta with Shrimp dish is easy and delicious, so what more could you ask for?
It is the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe, ready in about 15 minutes. It’s even fancy enough for guests.
How to make Shrimp Pasta
- In a large pot, boil the water, add salt and the pasta, continue on a hard boil stirring often. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large frying pan add the olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley, shrimp, salt and hot pepper flakes if desired.
- Cook on medium heat until the shrimp are cooked and no longer pink, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- When shrimp are cooked, add the pasta and half a ladle of pasta water, cook on high heat tossing together until water has evaporated and mixture is almost creamy, serve immediately.
What is the best shrimp to use
I usually use large shrimp. You can either use peeled shrimp or leave it unpeeled.
I was always taught to leave it unpeeled, that way you eat the delicious pasta that is full of so much flavour, from the shrimp, olive oil and fresh parsley, a meal in itself first.
And then you dine on the shrimp. Much like the peel and eat shrimp you have in a restaurant. Believe me for something that comes together so quickly it is hard to imagine it could taste so amazing.
Or if you prefer peel the shrimp before cooking and then you just eat the pasta together with the shrimp. Either way it is the perfect Italian Pasta dish that takes no time to make and that is really yummy.
What is the best pasta to serve with shrimp?
I prefer to use a long pasta, either spaghetti or linguine would work. I am not a big lover of spaghettini or angel hair so I wouldn’t recommend either. I like more of a bite. But again, it’s up to you.
This recipe calls for three cups cooked pasta, which means that two ounces of dried pasta should give you more or less one cup of cooked.
So if you are looking for a quick and easy Pasta recipe I hope you give this Shrimp Pasta a try and let me know how it turns out. Buon Appetito!
Easy Italian Shrimp Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp (large)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1-2 pinches salt (additional salt if desired)
- 1-2 dashes hot pepper flakes or black pepper (if desired)
- 3 cups cooked long pasta (spaghetti)*
*1 cup cooked pasta equals approximately 2 ounces dry.
- In a large pot, boil the water, add the salt and the pasta, continue on a hard boil stirring often. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large frying pan add the olive oil, garlic, chopped parsley, shrimp, salt and hot pepper flakes. Cook on medium heat until shrimps are cooked and no longer pink approximately 5-6 minutes, but watch them and stir occasionally, because you don't want them to burn or stick to the pan.
- When shrimps are cooked, add the cooked al dente pasta and half a ladle of pasta water, cook on high heat tossing together until the water has evaporated almost becoming a creamy mixture, serve immediately topped with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Updated from February 25, 2014.