Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers, a fast and easy Shrimp Recipe, made with a delicious Italian fresh Spice marinade. Make it on the BBQ, Indoor or Out door grill or even a simple grill pan. The perfect Main Dish or Side Dish.
If living in Italy has taught me one thing it’s that Italians love their fish and seafood! So you either learn to love it or deal with it.
I have definitely learned to love it. From my first introduction of Clams and Spaghetti by a dear friend to oven Baked Trout or a simple Pasta and Seafood.
But I have to say we are a shrimp loving family. So when I made our first grilling dish of the season (Yay to warmer weather), it was a big hit.
I served these Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a loaded tossed salad and it was the perfect dinner idea.
How to make Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Be sure to soak your skewers in water for 30 minutes, this keeps them from getting burned while grilling.
- While the skewers are soaking, make the marinade and let it sit so that the flavors mingle.
- Pre heat your grill on medium high heat.
- Peel and pat dry the shrimp before threading on the skewer.
- Thread the shrimp and cut zucchini on the soaked skewer.
- Brush with marinade and place on the preheated hot grill and cook until done.
- Serve immediately. So good.
How long does it take to grill Shrimp on the grill?
- Cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes per side or until pink on the outside and opaque on the inside.
I love the Italian seasoning for these Grilled Shrimp Skewer Recipe which consists of lots of fresh Italian parsley, Olive Oil, a little salt, a dash or two of hot pepper flakes and of course some fresh lemon juice.
And the combination of shrimp and zucchini is amazing. They go so well together, especially when the zucchini is grilled. The zucchini looses a lot of it’s moisture so it isn’t mushy. Nothing worse than mushy zucchini so says the Italian!
To tell the truth my kids will only eat zucchini as long as it’s grilled.
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes you may enjoy!
Italian Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp
Grilled Shrimp is so good served with white rice, couscous or even some pasta tossed with a little olive oil. Or why not a tossed salad? However you serve these Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers I hope you enjoy them. Buon Appetito!
Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 18 large shrimp
- 18 zucchini slices (1/4 - 1/3 inch thick)
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch or 2 hot pepper flakes (if desired)
- Soak 9 skewers** (wooden) in water for 30 minutes.
FOR THE MARINADE
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, chopped Italian parsley, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes stir to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes covered at room temperature.
- Once the 30 minutes has passed heat the grill to medium hot.
**I used 9 inch skewers.
- Peel and towel dry the shrimp. Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. Alternate the shrimp and zucchini on the skewer. Brush the shrimp skewers with marinade and grill for approximately 3-5 on each side or until the shrimp are cooked (pink on the outside white and opaque on the inside). Brush again with marinade before serving. Enjoy!
Yvonne Ronan says
I have not made the Italian Shrimp Skewers yet, need know whether the shrimp for the recipe is bought as raw or cooked shrimps? From the pictures they look like they are already cooked before making the skewers.
Hi Yvonne, yes these were pre boiled that I bought, but I do prefer to use the uncooked shrimp for skewers. Hope this helps. Take care.
Love the grilling tips – the one about soaking the wooden skewers is super important! This easy peasy recipe will be used all Spring and Summer long!
Hi Jenn, thanks so much I hope you enjoy it!
Yum!! This is the perfect recipe for summer. Great when we fire up the grill!
Hi Liz, thank you, I hope you enjoy it.