Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers, a fast and easy Shrimp Recipe, made with a delicious Italian fresh Spice marinade. Make it on the BBQ, Indoor or Out door grill or even a simple grill pan. The perfect Main Dish or Side Dish.
If living in Italy has taught me one thing it’s that Italians love their fish and seafood! So you either learn to love it or deal with it.
But I have to say we are a shrimp loving family. So when I made our first grilling dish of the season (Yay to warmer weather), it was a big hit.
I served these Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a loaded tossed salad and it was the perfect dinner idea.
How to make Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Be sure to soak your skewers in water for 30 minutes, this keeps them from getting burned while grilling.
- While the skewers are soaking, make the marinade and let it sit so that the flavors mingle.
- Pre heat your grill on medium high heat.
- Peel and pat dry the shrimp before threading on the skewer.
- Thread the shrimp and cut zucchini on the soaked skewer.
- Brush with marinade and place on the preheated hot grill and cook until done.
- Serve immediately. So good.
How long does it take to grill Shrimp on the grill?
- Cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes per side or until pink on the outside and opaque on the inside.
I love the Italian seasoning for these Grilled Shrimp Skewer Recipe which consists of lots of fresh Italian parsley, Olive Oil, a little salt, a dash or two of hot pepper flakes and of course some fresh lemon juice.
And the combination of shrimp and zucchini is amazing. They go so well together, especially when the zucchini is grilled. The zucchini looses a lot of it’s moisture so it isn’t mushy. Nothing worse than mushy zucchini so says the Italian!
To tell the truth my kids will only eat zucchini as long as it’s grilled.
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes you may enjoy!
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp
Grilled Shrimp is so good served with white rice, couscous or even some pasta tossed with a little olive oil. Or why not a tossed salad? However you serve these Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers I hope you enjoy them. Buon Appetito!
Italian Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 18 large shrimp
- 18 zucchini slices (1/4 - 1/3 inch thick)
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch or 2 hot pepper flakes (if desired)
- Soak 9 skewers** (wooden) in water for 30 minutes.
FOR THE MARINADE
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, chopped Italian parsley, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes stir to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes covered at room temperature.
- Once the 30 minutes has passed heat the grill to medium hot.
**I used 9 inch skewers.
- Peel and towel dry the shrimp. Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. Alternate the shrimp and zucchini on the skewer. Brush the shrimp skewers with marinade and grill for approximately 3-5 on each side or until the shrimp are cooked (pink on the outside white and opaque on the inside). Brush again with marinade before serving. Enjoy!