Shrimp Pizza, made the Italian way. A simple baked crust topped with an easy red sauce, cooked shrimp and salad. Pizza night never tasted so good.
Shrimp Pizza Recipe
I have to admit sometimes Italians make me say hmmmmm! For example the first time I went into a bakery (forno) or Pizzeria and I saw this shrimp pizza, I wasn’t very interested.
I was more interested in the traditional Mozzarella and Red Sauce Pizza.
But my youngest daughter loved this pizza and would always order a slice.
Then one evening I remember going to our friend’s house for dinner and she made a shrimp cocktail Italian style. She tossed some small shrimp in a bowl with what they call Salsa Rosa or also known as an Italian Cocktail Sauce.
And what exactly is Italian Salsa Rosa / Cocktail Sauce?
It is a simple combination of mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together. A two for one combo.
At first when I was told what it was I was kind of iffy about it. But holy cow it works.
And then my daughter also reminded me that, that is what they use to make a Shrimp Pizza which she absolutely loves and couldn’t I please, please, please make one?
And make one I did! This is probably the easiest and I have to admit tastiest pizzas I have yet to make or eat.
How to make Shrimp Pizza
- Using store-bought or Homemade Pizza Dough form the dough into a circle or oblong shape and bake.
- Toss cocktail shrimp with a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup.
- Spread a tablespoon or two or plain mayonnaise on the baked pizza.
- Top with a good helping of lettuce greens.
- Then spoon the shrimp mixture evenly on top. Cut and serve.
More Pizza Recipes you may Enjoy!
However you eat your pizza just remember sometimes it’s good to change it up! If you give this Shrimp Pizza a try, let me know what you think? Buon Appetito and have a great weekend!
- 1 pizza dough (store bought or homemade**)
- 1 cup small cooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (divided)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-2 cups salad greens (washed and paper towel dried, plain no dressing)
Pre-heat oven to 425° (220°C).
Place formed pizza dough (circle or oblong) on a cookie sheet or pizza pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
In a small bowl combine the cooked shrimp, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and ketchup set aside.
Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes then spread with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, top with salad greens and spoon the shrimp mixture evenly on top. Serve immediately.