This Cheesy Mushroom & Pancetta Pizza is made with perfectly spiced sautéed mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Pizza Perfect for any day of the week!
So it’s the weekend, in the middle of September. The temperature is cooling down, well at least a bit here in Italy, not as much as I would like though! But what do we want for supper? Pizza of course. But not any kind of Pizza! How about a delicious Homemade Mushroom Pancetta Pizza?
If there is one thing we all agree on its Pizza on the weekend. From a plain Tomato Pizza to an Italian Sausage with Artichokes and Cheese to one of my favourites, Grilled Zucchini Pizza with Ruccola. I love Ruccola, in salads on smoked salmon everywhere!
And if you have the urge to make your own dough, this is one of the best Homemade Pizza Doughs or this Easy Pizza Dough both are easy and delicious.
Although, sometimes we get the urge for pizza at the last minute, and there isn’t time for homemade dough so I usually buy a good store bought or even pick up some dough at the local bakery. You could probably check out your nearest pizzeria, I have done that back home, with no problem.
So yes, this Sautéed Mushroom Pancetta Pizza was last minute, I actually got the urge while grocery shopping. We love the combination of mushrooms and pancetta, throw on a little oregano and parsley, cook it up with some olive oil and you have the perfect topping for your Pizza.
I also decided to use a few fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped, I much prefer that to the canned sauce.
How to make it
In a medium frying pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, sliced mushrooms and pancetta add 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, thyme and hot pepper flakes if desired. Sauté for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium.
In a medium bowl toss together, chopped and seeded tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon basil and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Roll out pizza dough and place on prepared pizza pan, cover with tomato mixture and mushroom mixture.
Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until crust is baked. Remove from oven and immediately top with shredded mozzarella and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Can pizza dough be made a day before?
You definitely can, the best pizza dough can rise over night in the fridge, and the Easy Pizza Dough needs a first rise at room temperature and the second rise can be done in the fridge. They both require a 2 hour rising time so you can decide which is easier for you.
Best pizza dough will easily make 2-3 pizzas, and the easy dough will make a large thick crust pizza.
More Pizza Recipes you may enjoy!
Italian Sausage Artichoke Cheese Pizza
Serve this Cheesy Sautéed Mushroom Pancetta Pizza with a nice green salad and there you have your easy week or weekend dinner. Have a wonderful week and Buon Appetito!
Cheesy Mushroom & Pancetta Pizza
- 1 large unbaked pizza crust
FOR THE MUSHROOM PANCETTA MIXTURE
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 thin slices pancetta (or bacon) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- hot pepper flakes if desired
FOR THE TOMATO MIXTURE
- 4 medium firm ripe tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divded
- 3/4 cup shredded firm mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to 450°. Lightly grease a large pizza pan. (This if using pre-made pizza dough) If not follow the directions for Best Pizza Dough or Easy Pizza Dough first.
- In a medium frying pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, sliced mushrooms, pancetta, oregano, salt, parsley, and hot pepper flakes if desired. Sauté for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl toss together, the chopped and seeded tomatoes, oregano, salt, fresh basil leaves and olive oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough (or follow directions on the recipe) and place on prepared pizza pan, cover with first the mushroom mixture then the tomato mixture. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until crust is baked. Remove from the oven and immediately top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake again for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve and Enjoy!
Today is also Taste Creations Week! Please check out these other delicious Pancetta / Bacon recipes from my Food Blogger Friends.
Terri from Our Good Life – Bacon Wrapped Fresh Peaches
Nikki from Tikkido – Maple Bacon Popcorn Recipe
Lauren from Mom Home Guide – Cheddar Biscuits with Bacon & Chives
Hi, Rosemary. Because of you, I now can bake Italian Pizza and Bomboloni. Thank you so much! I pray you all the best!
Hi Arief, that’s great and 2 of the best Italian recipes to make. Congrats and all the best to you too! Have a great weekend.
Since there are fresh tomatoes in the garden this was the best time to try out the recipe. The pizza was excellent and easy to make. Thank you for the recipe that I will definitely put in my folder.
Hi Deborah, thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed it. Have a great weekend.
Nikki from Tikkido says
Mushrooms and pancetta (or prosciutto) are my favorite pizza toppings in the world! I love the idea of using fresh tomatoes instead of sauce, too. I’ll have to try that the next time I make pizza. It sounds delicious and looks absolutely beautiful.
Hi Nikki, thanks so much, I hope you like it.
This looks wonderful! I bet your family was super happy that you decided to make this!!
Hi Karen, thanks yes it was good and we all love Pizza! 🙂