Stamped Shortbread Cookies are a delicious buttery melt in your mouth cookie that makes the perfect Valentine’s Day Treat. Stamped with your favourite message! The kids will love helping you bake these Shortbread Cookies.
Nothing better than a Shortbread Cookie and not just during the Christmas Season.
Shortbread Stamped Cookies
I always loved decorated cookies, even though I am probably one of the worst decorators. So when I see something that is easy and makes things (food) pretty I will grab it.
Just like Spritz Cookies, how cute are they!? When I was in Toronto just after Christmas and I saw these cookie stamps for Valentine’s Day, I just couldn’t resist.
I also picked up a couple of Christmas Stamps that were on sale also. Stamped Cookies are my new favourite cookie.
Be sure to watch the Video!
Helpful tips for making Stamped Cookies.
- You need to use a dough that does not spread.
- Make sure to chill your dough at least 30 minutes.
- Keep your stamp very lightly floured so it doesn’t stick to the cookie.
- Roll out your dough as little as possible.
- If your dough starts to warm up pop it back in the fridge to chill.
I think these would make the perfect cookie to make with your kids or grandkids. So fast and easy and they would love deciding on which stamp to use.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What you need to make Shortbread Stamped Cookies.
Cookie Sheets These are the perfect cookie sheets and the perfect sizes, great when you have a big batch or even a smaller batch of cookies.
Cookie Stamps I actually just ordered these stamps and I can’t wait to get them. That way I can use them for any season!
Hand Mixer Sometimes all you need is a hand mixer to do the job and this one does a good one!
So if this is your first time stamping cookies or you are an expert I hope you enjoy these Shortbread Stamped Cookies. Enjoy.
Shortbread Stamped Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350° (180°C), line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, then add the sifted flour mixture a little at a time, combine with a fork, when mixture begins to come together, move to a flat surface and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll on a lightly floured flat surface into a thickness of 1/4 inch, dust cookie stamp lightly with flour and firmly press on dough, with a round cookie cutter (as close to the same size as the stamp) cut out cookie. Place on prepared cookie sheet, continue until all our cut out. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.