Can you bake in the air fryer? Yes, and there’s no better thing to try than Air Fryer Muffins! These easy zucchini muffins are the perfect small-batch muffin recipe. It makes four soft and tender muffins – add chopped nuts or chocolate chips, or keep them as simple zucchini muffins. You will love how easy they are to make.
My air fryer is quickly becoming my favorite kitchen gadget. I love that I don’t have to turn on the oven when I want to make something quick – the air fryer is such a convenient way to make all kinds of dishes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Muffin Recipe
These air fryer muffins are a new favorite. Yes, you can bake in the air fryer and it’s perfect for making small-batch baked goods. I love muffins but I don’t always want to make a big batch – well, the air fryer helps with this. I can make four muffins – the perfect amount for breakfast, brunch, or snacks.
This muffin recipe solves two problems in the summer – I don’t have to heat up the house with the oven on and I get to use up some zucchini which we always have a ton of. It’s a win-win!
This is a quick muffin recipe that you can make with just zucchini or you can mix in nuts or chocolate chips. The fresh zucchini adds so much moisture making them soft, moist, and delicious.
Can you use paper muffin cups in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use paper liners or you can use silicone muffin cups – both work great.
How many muffins can you bake in an air fryer?
It will depend on the size of your air fryer. Mine fits four muffins, but you can do more if yours has more space.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Large egg
- Vegetable oil – I use either sunflower or corn oil
- Shredded zucchini – do not drain
- Milk – I use 2% or whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon – optional
Zucchini: You don’t need to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini before adding it to the batter. Just shred it and pack it into the measuring cup.
Optional Mix-Ins: You can also add chopped nuts like walnuts, pecans, or almonds (I like almonds the best) or try some chocolate chips.
How to Bake Muffins in an Air Fryer
Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, stir them in at this point. Set the flour mixture aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork and then mix in the oil, zucchini, milk, and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. For the best zucchini muffins, don’t overmix the batter.
Divide the muffin batter evenly between the muffin liners or silicone molds. Place the cups in the air fryer basket and cook them for 15 to 17 minutes at 320°F. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
How long do they keep?
Air fryer muffins will keep well at room temperature for two to three days. Allow them to cool completely and store them in an airtight container.
You can also store them in the refrigerator and they will last several days longer.
Or, place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze them for up to two months.
If you haven’t baked in your air fryer yet, these zucchini muffins are the first thing to try! They have a soft texture just like muffins baked in the oven. Give them a try soon and enjoy!
More Zucchini Recipes
Air Fryer Zucchini Muffins
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup +2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans) or chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 2½ tablespoons vegetable oil (I use sunflower or corn oil)
- ½ cup shredded zucchini (packed not squeezed)
- 3 tablespoons milk (2% or whole)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon (if adding) and nuts or chips if adding.
- In a medium bowl with a fork or whisk beat the egg slightly, add the oil, zucchini, milk and vanilla stir to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (about 15 stirs only) do not over mix.
- Add the batter evenly between the 4 muffin cups*. Place the cups in the basket of your air fryer. Bake at 320F (160C) for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply