A moist and easy Zucchini Bread filled with pecans. The perfect snack or dessert bread. Make the best sweet loaf recipe with summer fresh Zucchini.
Moist Zucchini Bread
I made this Delicious Moist Sweet Bread a couple of months ago and took it over to my sister-in-law’s when relatives were visiting. My husband’s aunt had mentioned a couple of times that she would love to taste something sweet made with zucchini.
Zucchini bread also surprised my father-in-law when I first made it. He didn’t like sweets very much but he loved Zucchini Bread.
So when I took it to the house I was hoping everyone would try a slice and I could see what her reaction would be. She thought the loaf was for her and in her bag it went. Haha!
A few weeks later we went to visit them in Frosinone, so needless to say I asked her how she liked the Pecan Zucchini Bread. She proceeded to tell me that she had a slice or two everyday, and did you know it was delicious with her morning coffee for breakfast?
She also mentioned that her daughter-in-law came over one day but she liked it so much she decided not to share! So yes I am going to say that this is one of the Best Zucchini Bread Recipes I and a lot of other people say it is one of the Best.
More Recipes with Zucchini
Moist Pecan Zucchini Bread
How to make Zucchini Bread
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture
- Slightly beat the eggs with a fork, then add oil, the shredded zucchini and vanilla
- Whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pecans
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake.
I loved adding some chopped pecans to the loaf but you could also use hazelnuts or walnuts if you prefer.
I used a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan but you could actually use 2 small one and freeze one of the loaves if you would like. Freeze the loaf in a air tight zip lock bag and it will keep in the freezer for at least 3 months.
This loaf really doesn’t need any glazes or frosting it is perfect just how it is. So just slice it up and serve with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
Moist Pecan Zucchini Bread
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I use corn or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350 F (180 C) and grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch (22 x 12 centimeter) loaf pan.
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and beat slightly with a fork, then add the vegetable oil, zucchini and vanilla. Combine with the fork.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined (approximately 18 stirs). Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 55 - 50 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Let cool before serving. Enjoy.