Zucchini Parmigiano, the perfect Italian side dish or main course. Fast and Easy and so cheesy, Easy Cheesy Zucchini Parmigiano will become your family’s new favourite.
As I continue with quest for cooking, baking, sauteing or anything else I can think of to use all the zucchini that are taking over my kitchen, I can’t wait to share this recipe zucchini parmigiano with you.
I have to admit, it might just be one of the best, next to of course stuffed zucchini flowers that are absolutely out of this world. I one of the best things about summer food.
Yesterday morning my two daughters and I went for a little walk in a beautiful town called Nemi, which is close by to the small town where we live.
There are many reasons for which I love Nemi, the view is breathtaking, the cappuccino and cornetto (croissant) are so yummy, but most of all it is not nearly as hot there as the town where we live is.
It’s nice to have a cool break once in a while.
And yes I came back just in time for the 100° (40° celsius) that everyone or almost everyone has been waiting for. Unfortunately I am not a hot weather person at all.
So anywhere I can go to get cool I will go. And of course relaxing with a delicious cappuccino and cornetto can’t hurt.
Back to this Easy Cheesy Zucchini Parmigiano recipe, this dish comes together fast and easy and the zucchini don’t become mushy like they sometimes tend to do in other recipes.
And the cheese, oh how I love melted cheese! Five minutes under the broiler just gives it that perfect baked cheesy topping. This Italian dish I hope will become a regular summer favourite in your home too. Buon Appetito!
How to make Easy Cheesy Zucchini Parmigiano
Easy Cheesy Zucchini Parmigiano
- 4-5 small tender zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon salt 17 grams
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups shredded firm mozzarella 200 grams
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese 150 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius)
- Trim zucchini, then slice lengthwise (not too thick), place zucchini slices in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of salt, leave for 20 minutes, then rinse and drain.
- Dredge the zucchini slices in flour.
- Grease lightly a small to medium ( I used 10 x 8"/27 x 21 centimeter) baking dish. Do 3 layers, start with zucchini then mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, continue for 3 layers. Bake in pre-heated over for approximately 25 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!