Classic Zucchini Loaf, got an overload of zucchini? Well why not make this delicious moist Zucchini Loaf. Perfect for breakfast or even with a Cup of Tea or Coffee for an afternoon snack.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Classic Zucchini Bread
I have been back home now for exactly 1 week and I can’t tell you how many loads of zucchini I have already been given. Between zucchini and tomatoes I should open a road side stand.
Of course I am not complaining! Over the years I have accumulated some amazing zucchini recipes. I didn’t know there were so many different ways you could cook, bake or grill zucchini.
I guess you can never have too many recipes!
This zucchini loaf recipe was given to me by my mother and every year that I make it I think it gets better and better. It is so easy and don’t forget you never squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini.
It is so moist and delicious.
I remember the first time I made it for my in-laws, and my father-in-law who is not a great sweet lover was so impressed with this loaf, he could not believe it was made with zucchini.
When I make this zucchini loaf I usually make it plain because as they say less is more and in this case it is so true.
This is the perfect partner with a cup of coffee or tea, great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The perfect zucchini loaf, fast easy and so tasty. Give it a try. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes to try!
Classic Zucchini Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour (192 grams)
- 3/4 cups sugar (150 grams)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (75 grams)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini do not squeeze out liquid from the zucchini)
- Pre heat oven to 350° (180 ° celcius). Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch (21x11 centimeter) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly with a fork, stir in oil and zucchini. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened. Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour . Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan, cool completely and serve. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar if desired. Enjoy.
Republished from August 2014