This Classic Zucchini Bread is easy and delicious. You don’t even need a mixer! Perfect when you have an overload of zucchini from the garden or just because. It’s perfect as a breakfast or even snack bread.
I remember baking this for my father-in-law and he couldn’t believe it was made with zucchinis. He is not a big sweet lover so this was perfect for him. I hope you like it too!
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Zucchini – grated
Why use room temperature ingredients?
Using room temperature ingredients makes any baked good even better, because ingredients will combine better to form a velvety batter which creates a moister taster cake or sweet bread.
How to make it
In a medium bowl beat the eggs slightly with a fork, stir in oil and shredded zucchini. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened.
Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour . Let the bread cool in the pan for about 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to completely cook, this will keep the bread from becoming soggy. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar if desired before serving.
This zucchini loaf recipe was given to me by my mother and every year that I make it I think it gets better and better. It is so easy and don’t forget you never squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini.
It is so moist and delicious.
How to stir just until moistened
Although I always had a problem with the “mix only until moistened”, I would always over mix, I guess my brain was telling me the batter had to be smooth.
But when you stir some breads such as this one or even muffin batter until it is smooth, your baked good will become tough. So what I do is I stir 15-16 times and that’s it, and I mean that is it! Don’t worry about the batter lumps, they really do disappear when baked. And you will have soft, delicious breads and muffins.
Is zucchini healthy?
Zucchini can help with improving digestion to a lower risk of heart disease. Zucchini may help keeping your bones, thyroid, and prostate healthy.
Do I need to peel it first?
You can if you want but really there is no need to. The taste and texture is the same with or without.
What does zucchini do in baked goods?
In baking, it is an ingredient similar to bananas or applesauce. It adds the perfect texture and moistness. It also helps to add good nutrition to your cakes and breads. Zucchini has a very mild flavour which makes it perfect paired with everything from cinnamon, nuts to chocolate.
How to store it
The baked cooled bread should be wrapped well and can be stored at room temperature. It will keep for up to 3-4 days. It can also be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
How to freeze zucchini bread
Wrap the completely cooled bread in plastic wrap and then foil. Place in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
When I make this zucchini loaf I usually make it plain because as they say less is more and in this case it is so true. Although if you wish you could add some nuts or even some dark chocolate chips.
This is the perfect partner with a cup of coffee or tea, great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The perfect zucchini loaf, fast easy and so tasty. Give it a try. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes to try!
- Creamy Italian Zucchini Risotto
- Italian Marinated Zucchini
- Zucchini Patties
- Zucchini Cake Donuts with Light Cream Cheese Glaze
- Italian Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
Classic Zucchini Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini do not squeeze out liquid from the zucchini) (room temperature)
- Pre heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9 inch (22 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly with a fork, stir in oil and zucchini and combine. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Do about 15-16 stirs. The batter will be lumpy do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick. Let the bread cool in the pan for about 5-8 minutes then move to a wire rack to completely cool, this will keep the bread from becoming soggy on the bottom. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar if desired before serving. Enjoy.
Republished from August 2014