Italian Marinated Zucchini, an easy and delicious Appetizer made with strips of pan fried Zucchini tossed with fresh parsley, garlic and olive oil.
I think if there is one vegetable that talks summer it is probably zucchini, and this Marinated Zucchini is certainly that.
As my niece says this is one of the best appetizers ever. Amazing with bruschetta or even fresh Italian bread.
It is easy and quick and with all the never ending crop of zucchini in the summer now you will have a tasty way of using them up.
I probably get more requests for this recipe during the summer than any other. What is the best thing about this Italian Marinated Zucchini is that it doesn’t take too long to make, and the taste will have you making it again and again.
Italian Marinated Zucchini
Serve this Zucchini with some cold meat and some delicious cheese and dinner is ready, or even serve as an appetizer with friends or family. Buon Appetito!
Lots of other Delicious Zucchini Recipes.
- 2 medium sized zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil 100 grams, for frying
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley 5 grams
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2.5 grams
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil 15 grams
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 30 grams
- Slice zucchini lengthwise 1/8th of an inch in thickness (4 millimeters) , if the zucchini are extra large then slice and then cut in half.
- In a small to medium sized frying pan add 1/2 cup olive oil and heat on medium high heat, once oil is hot (not boiling) add zucchini slices, (not all at once, single layer in the pan) turning till golden. Remove from pan and drain well on paper towels. (I pat them lightly with extra paper towels to remove extra oil).
- In a medium bowl add zucchini, parsley, garlic, salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the white wine vinegar. Toss gently and serve with bruschetta or crusty Italian bread. Enjoy!