Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta, so creamy you won’t believe how quick it is to make. And how delicious too. The Perfect Weeknight quick Pasta Dish.
I can’t believe summer is almost over. With that goes my fabulous summer vegetable garden, including zucchini.
So what better way to say arrivederci then with this fast, easy and delicious Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta.Also with the end of summer comes the start of school school.
I know it has started for some kids and a lot more will be going back on Tuesday.
Here in Italy school starts a little later. My youngest daughter returns to school on September 15th. Oh how time flies. She will be going into her first year of high school.
My eldest daughter has returned home after graduating from Journalism in Canada and has decided she’s not finished with school just yet. She returns to university in October.
As for myself this awesome summer is coming to an end and we are heading into my favourite season of the year, autumn.
So this Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta dish certainly is delicious. So easy and ready in 20 minutes. It has become a family favorite.
This Zucchini Cream Cheese Past dish is fast, easy and creamy. And what can be better than that? It is made with light cream cheese instead of the regular kind and believe me you can’t even tell the difference.
Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta
This Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta can be made with either small zucchini or larger ones, just remove part of the inside pulp if you use the larger one and you are ready to go. Buon Appetito!
Zucchini cream cheese pasta
- 3 small to medium sized zucchini diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 26 grams
- 1/2 cup cream cheese light 125 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/4 gram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley 1/4 gram
- 1/2 cup water 125 grams
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta, approximately 1 3/4 - 2 cups dried (200-275 grams) 400-490 grams
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a medium- sized pan add the olive oil, add the zucchini, oregano, salt, parsley and water, cook stirring occasionally until water has evaporated and zucchini is tender and lightly browned.
- While zucchini is cooking, cook pasta al dente in boiling salted water. When zucchini is done, add cream cheese and 1/4 ladle full of salted pasta water, mix gently until zucchini and cream cheese are well combined and creamy, immediately add cooked pasta, gently mix and serve immediately. Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!