Italian Cranberry Almond Biscotti, a delicious crunchy Italian Cookie, filled with dried cranberries, Almonds and White Chocolate Chips. A yummy addition to your Christmas Cookie Plate.
Today I am sharing a wonderful recipe that was given to me by my Mother’s cousin. I first tasted these when she made them in Toronto. I loved them then and I still do now.
Italian biscotti are so easy to make and of course twice baked and at a lower heat. I usually make mine with butter, which makes them a little softer. But if you like your typical almost-broke-that-tooth Biscotti then a light Olive oil is best.
Italian Cranberry Almond Biscotti
A while back I was asked to join the International Cookie Exchange and of course I didn’t hesitate. I thought it would be a great idea to share some Delicious Cookies that are made in other Countries. Hope you enjoy them! Happy Baking.
- 1/4 cup light olive oil or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mini white chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Pre-heat oven to 300°, line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together oil( or butter) and sugar until well combined. Add vanilla, then beat in the eggs.
In smaller bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder Stir gradually into egg mixture.
Fold in cranberries and nuts. Batter will be heavy and sticky. Cool in fridge for approximately 20 minutes.
Form dough into 4 or 5 logs (6 x 2 inches app.). Place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until logs are light brown.
Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 275°F.
Then cut logs on the diagonal into 3/4 inch slices. Lay slices on the side on prepared cookie sheets and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
mixing bowl, because these recipes are sure to inspire you to fill your cookie jar with cultural treats!
#IntnlCookies, and you can find these great recipes and more cookies from
around the world on the International Cookie Exchange Pinterest Board.
- From France: Palatable Pastime – Sablés
- From Germany: Cindy’s Recipes and Writing – Lebkuchen (Spiced Molasses Cookies)
- From Greece: Cooking the Globe – Kourabiedes
- From India: Love Is In My Tummy – Kal Kal
- From Iraq: Caroline’s Cooking – Kleicha (Iraqi Date Cookies)
- From Italy: An Italian In My Kitchen – Cranberry Almond Biscotti
- From Italy: Culinary Adventures with Camilla – Ricciarelli
- From Poland: A Day in the Life on the Farm – Rogaliki
- From Scotland: The Redhead Baker – Cranberry Orange Shortbread
- From Serbia: Curious Cuisiniere – Vanilice (Little Filled Vanilla Cookies)
- From Switzerland: Tara’s Multicultural Table – Basler Brunsli (Swiss Chocolate Almond Cookies)
- From Venezuela: Five Senses Palate – Coquitos