The easiest no-churn ice cream recipe that combines fresh bananas with chocolate chips. Creamy, rich and so impossible to resist. You don’t need a fancy ice cream machine to make this recipe – just one bowl and you can have homemade chocolate chip banana ice cream whenever you like.
Italians love their ice cream and you can always find a gelato shop on almost any corner with a variety of flavours to choose from. It’s always so hard to decide! The colours and flavours are all wonderful.
I’ve also made a lot of homemade gelato but when I don’t feel like working very hard I keep the machine in the cabinet and make easy no-churn ice cream. When I first heard about this simple way to make ice cream, I wasn’t sure about it. Could it be as good as churned ice cream? Well, I was pleasantly surprised and discovered that, yes, it is.
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- For this recipe, you only need four ingredients, one bowl, and a hand mixer.
- Once you’ve whipped up the ingredients all you have to do is wait for the ice cream to set. The waiting is the only hard part!
- Keep it in the freezer and you can treat yourself to a scoop or two whenever you get a craving. This recipe is easy enough to make a batch every week and the banana and chocolate chip combination is a great one.
There’s no better way to cool off than with a scoop of homemade ice cream during the summer. With so few ingredients needed and just a couple of easy steps, why not give this banana ice cream a try this week? I know you will love it like I do.
- Mashed ripe bananas – be sure to mash them well, there shouldn’t be big lumps.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream – must whole, heavy or whipping cream, at least 30% fat.
- Chocolate chips – use semisweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips.
How to Make It
In a large bowl mash the very ripe bananas.
Add the sweetened condensed milk to the banana mixture and beat until smooth.
In a large bowl beat the cream until stiff peaks appear.
Fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream and combine well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container, cover it well, and freeze the ice cream for at least 5 to 6 hours or, ideally, overnight.
Tips for the Best No-Churn Ice Cream
- Make the bananas are quite ripe and mash them well, try to make it as smooth as possible.
- It’s important to beat the whipped cream until thick peaks appear. This means you can pull up the beaters and the whipped mixture will hold in a peak on its own. Once it’s reached this stage it’s ready.
- For the chocolate chips, wait to add them until the end of the mixing. Fold them in and don’t stir otherwise you will deflate the mixture. The air is what makes the ice cream light and creamy.
- It’s best to use a shallow container. This will ensure your ice cream freezes evenly. I like to use a 8×4″ loaf pan. The ice cream freezes well in it and it makes it easy to scoop out the ice cream, too.
- Store your no-churn ice cream in the coldest part of your freezer away from the door. To prevent ice crystals, you don’t want the ice cream exposed to warm air (like when you open the door). Ice crystals form when the ice cream melts and refreezes.
- Be sure to cover the ice cream well and store for up to 1-2 weeks.
- You can switch the chocolate chips for another mix-in that you like. Try chopped chocolate, chopped candy like peanut butter cups, or other chocolate candy bars, or skip the chocolate and add some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans.
Chocolate chip ice cream with banana is a great combo – you get a little chocolate fix with some fruit, all in an easy no-churn ice cream. Enjoy!
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes
Want more creamy cold ice cream? Here are more of my favorite easy no-churn recipes you might like to try, too.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Ricotta Ice Cream
- Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream
Why not say good bye to summer with one last Ice cream recipe, this No-Churn Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream could just become one of your favourites! Enjoy.
No-Churn Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream
- 2 medium very ripe bananas (mashed well)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 cups cream whole, heavy or whipping cream (30% fat at least)
- ¼-⅓ cup chocolate chips (semi sweetened, milk or a combination)
- In a medium bowl combine well the mashed bananas and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl beat the cream until stiff peaks appear. Fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream and combine well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container or loaf pan 8×4 inch (20×10 cm). Cover well and freeze at least 5-6 hours or even overnight, until firm. Enjoy!