These Cauliflower Fritters are a quick, easy and different way to use cauliflower. So tasty even the most picky eaters will love them. Believe me you can’t stop at just one!
It’s cauliflower time everywhere, and to tell the truth we love fritter or patties or whatever you want to call them!
These ones got a bit of a make over with some added potatoes and of course I can never leave out a little parmesan cheese.
These are so good they don’t even need any mayo on the side. But if you do want to serve these Fritters with something extra, I would recommend adding some chopped chives or green onions to it.
To tell the truth I think these Cauliflower Patties would probably be perfect anytime, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
How to make Cauliflower Fritters
- In a large pot of water cook the cauliflower florets and cubed potatoes until tender.
- Drain well and mash together.
- Place the mashed mixture in a large bowl and add the parmesan cheese, flour, egg, parsley, salt and pepper mix well.
- Form into about 8-10 patties and fry in a little olive oil turning until browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Can they be frozen?
The fritters can be frozen, it’s best to freeze them cooked. Place them in a freezer safe container separated with parchment paper. They will keep for up to one month.
Defrost them in the fridge and either re-heat in the oven or microwave.
Why use fresh Parmesan Cheese?
Do yourself and everyone you serve your food to a favour and buy a chunk of fresh Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself.
Or if you are lucky, maybe and your local delicatessen will grate it for you. There is nothing worse than packaged parmesan, it’s neither fresh nor delicious.
They actually add an anti-caking ingredient so the cheese doesn’t stick together. Think about that!
Remember good homemade food takes a desire and good ingredients. But believe me there is nothing like it!
More delicious fritters
I have made these a few time now, they actually give me the want to go out and buy more cauliflower.
I like to serve them with a simple salad or why not cook some extra potatoes and serve them with a side dish of creamy mashed potatoes?
So if you are looking for a new way to serve cauliflower why not give these Cauliflower Fritters a try and let me know what you think. Buon Appetito!
- 1.2 pounds fresh cauliflower (broken into large pieces) (550 grams)
- 2 medium potatoes (cut into medium chunks) (180 grams)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (50 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 dashes black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil together the cauliflower florets and cubed potatoes until tender. Then drain well (let sit for about 10 minutes in a colander). Then move to al large bowl and mash well, (doesn't have to be finely mashed, small chunks are fine).
- Then add the flour, parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper and parsley, combine well.
- In a medium sized frying pan add the oil and heat over medium heat, once the oil is hot add by tablespoons (I used about 2 heaping spoonfuls of mixture for every fritter, lightly flatten with the bottom of the spoon) and cook on medium heat until browned on both sides. Turning a couple of times to cook. Remove to a paper towel lined plate (I sprinkled a little salt before serving) and serve immediately. Enjoy!