Delicious Best Ever Tuna Burgers. A fast and easy canned tuna recipe, nobody will even miss the meat. These Tuna Patties are a new Dinner Recipe your whole family will love.
Easy Best Ever Tuna Burgers
I started making these Tuna Patties when the kids were little and I still make them. They are quick and easy to put together, perfect for Lunch or Dinner. They are great when you are looking for something meatless to eat.
There are only 5 ingredients in these Tuna Burgers –
- Tuna – I like to use Tuna Canned in water, although oil is fine too.
- Cracker Crumbs rather than bread crumbs, it’s something my Mom used quite often especially in her Delicious Meatloaf.
- 1 egg – to help bind everything together.
- 1-2 stalks of celery – I love the taste and crunchiness of celery but you can always substitute with green peppers, onions, carrots or even chives.
- Mayonnaise – also used to bind all the ingredients, I chose light mayo but regular is fine also.
How to make Tuna Burgers:
In a medium bowl add the tuna and flake it with a fork, then add the cracker crumbs, egg, chopped celery and mayo, mix together then form into 4-5 patties. Drizzle a little olive oil in frying pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the patties have browned. Serve with an easy Dill Mayonnaise Sauce.
Can Tuna Patties be Baked instead of Fried?
Yes they can be baked, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place the patties on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated 375F / 190 C oven and bake until the burgers are golden brown about 10 minutes on each side.
How to make Dill Mayonaisse Sauce:
In a small bowl combine mayo, lemon juice and dill. Whisk the ingredients together. Perfect with fish burgers. Refrigerate an leftover sauce.
Can you freeze Tuna Patties?
You can freeze the Tuna Patties uncooked or cooked. To freeze uncooked be sure to freeze them in an airtight freezer safe container on layers of parchment paper. No need to thaw, just cook them frozen. Although they may need some extra cooking time.
If you decide to freeze them cooked, then make sure to cool completely before storing in an airtight container again on layers of parchment paper. Let thaw over night in the fridge and warm in the oven.
What to serve with Tuna Burgers:
They are absolutely delicious between two slices of pumpernickel bread or any of your favourite bread. Or if you decide to go really light, a tossed salad on the side would be the perfect combination.
More Delicious Tuna Recipes:
So if you are looking for something on the lighter side I hope you give these Tuna Patties a try and let me know what you think. Buon Appetito!
- 2 cans tuna (in water)drain well (2 x 6 ounce cans) (250 grams after draining)
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs (I use saltine crackers using a blender to mash them) (105 grams)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1-2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise (more if needed) (125 grams)
DILL MAYO SAUCE
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayo (125 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried dill (or 1-2tablespoons fresh chopped)
- In a medium bowl add tuna and flake well with a fork, add cracker crumbs, egg, celery and mayonnaise. Mix until combined.
- Form into patties (I made 5 patties), place in a lightly greased frying pan and cook on low-medium heat, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown or desired doneness. Serve immediately. Top each with Dill Mayo Sauce if desired. Enjoy!
DILL MAYO SAUCE
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill.
Updated from March 24, 2015.