Who doesn’t love Chocolate Cupcakes especially topped with a creamy Mascarpone and Nutella Frosting. Everyone will love these, perfect for a Party or Family get together.
Happy Chocolate Day everyone, so to celebrate I made my favourite chocolate cake recipe into cupcakes and topped it with a creamy Nutella and Mascarpone frosting.
Awhile back I made Homemade Mascarpone, so naturally I made a few recipes with it. I shared my Pancetta and Mascarpone Pasta a few months ago and today it’s time for Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Mascarpone Frosting!
How to Make Chocolate Cupcakes
- Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg, milk, vanilla and oil beat for two minutes.
- Then stir in the boiling water (do not beat).
- Pour into prepared cupcake pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
This Chocolate Cake recipe I got quite a while ago from my cousin and it’s now the only one I use. It’s makes a delicious moist cake that everyone enjoys.
If you have never used mascarpone in a frosting recipe before, it’s definitely a must try. It’s creamy and rich and the addition of a little Nutella is perfect.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes you may enjoy!
So why not celebrate Sunday and Chocolate day with a Yummy Chocolate Cupcake topped with a Creamy Nutella Mascarpone Frosting.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Mascarpone Frosting
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (110 grams total)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature) (I use 2 %)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use corn oil or sunflower)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon icing / powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping / whole cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), place 6 cupcake sleeves in a 6 tin muffin pan.
- Make the frosting first, in a large bowl add the mascarpone, Nutella, sugar and cream, beat until very thick. Refrigerate for one hour. (while cupcakes are baking and cooling).
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then add the egg, milk, vanilla and oil beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula (do not beat) to combine. Pour into prepared cupcake pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes (check with a toothpick for doneness). Let cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
Today October 28th is Chocolate Day. I have teamed up with some Amazing Fellow Bloggers to share Recipes with you once a month for various Food Holidays. So I hope you will check out their recipes too! Enjoy.
Ashlee Marie – Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans
Simply Stacie – Fudge Cookies
An Italian in my Kitchen – Here
Real Mom Kitchen – Mexican Hot Chocolate
Savory Experiments – Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
The Baker Upstairs – Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Supergolden Bakes – Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
365 Days of Slow Cooking – Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake
Creations by Kara – Chocolate Pudding