These Chocolate Chunk Cookies are fast and easy to prepare, mix and bake. So full of chocolate no one will be complaining that they didn’t get a chip!
I have tried many Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes in my life and shared quite a few recipes too. But these are our favourite so far! Raved and loved by all.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
We have been a cookie loving family since I started baking. I always wanted to introduce my family (especially my kids) and friends to the amazing taste of a Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Their and I mean everyone’s favourite by a long shot were Seven Layer Bars or also known as Hello Dollies.
When I first arrived in Italy and there were no chocolate chips to be found,
I can still see myself placing a large piece of dark chocolate in a double plastic bag and with one of those small hammers, hammering out small chunks of chocolate.
Now chocolate chips and chocolate chunks are everywhere so no more hammering for me.
Needless to say in all this time I have made my share of Chocolate Chip Cookies.
But these Chocolate Cookies are the winner. They are supposed to be made large but you can make them smaller if you must!
They are so full of chocolate that you will never hear “Did you get my chips? Because I didn’t get any”!
in fact you will get chocolate in every bite!
The Best Chocolate for Cookies
I like to use dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate in my cookies. Although I am sure a mixture of dark and milk or even add a little white chocolate would work too.
Just be sure to use a good quality chocolate, that can make such a difference.
How to keep your Cookies fresh
Make sure to let your cookies cool completely before storing them in an air tight container, and place a piece of parchment paper between each layer.
Store the container at room temperature and be sure to eat them in 3-4 days.
These cookies can also be frozen in the air tight container and will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
What are the ingredients to make Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
- butter (I use salted butter, but if you use unsalted than add 1/4 teaspoon of salt)
- granulated and brown sugars
- baking soda
- all purpose flour
- and lots of chocolate chunks
These are the perfect make and bake cookies, no need for refrigeration. So good and even better the next day. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt**
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks (morsels) (I used dark chocolate (semi sweet)
**I use salted butter but if you use unsalted then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl on medium speed cream butter and vanilla (approximately 1 minute), then add granulated sugar and cream well (approximately 2 minutes).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, salt and baking soda until no lumps appear. Then stir into creamed mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- On medium speed beat in the egg, combine well.
- Add the flour a little at a time, with a wooden spoon or spatula. Gently stir in the chocolate chunks. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to make 13 ( or more if you want smaller cookies) even mounds of dough (do not flatten) on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Enjoy.