No-bake easy Nutella tiramisu has classic Italian dessert taste but is served parfait style! Everyone will love these individualized treats that are layered with sweet mascarpone, coffee infused ladyfingers and Nutella.
If you love classic tiramisu, you will love this version that has double the layers and contains Nutella! It is similar to my creamy chocolate tiramisu which is also layered in parfait glasses, but with a chocolate hazelnut taste that just can’t be beat!
This no-bake easy Nutella tiramisu recipe is perfect for summertime, just like my tiramisu cheesecake. With layers of sweet mascarpone, creamy whipped cream, soft coffee infused ladyfingers and rich chocolaty Nutella it just begs for another bite to be taken!
This eggless tiramisu is also the perfect make ahead dessert to cap off a meal or serve to dinner guests. Plus, no one has to share as everyone gets their own parfait glass. It’s melt-in-your mouth delicious!
Why You Will Love This Nutellamisu Recipe
- Personal sized tiramisu: Your own parfait means you don’t have to share!
- Beautiful presentation: Served in a glass the layers look so spectacular.
- Raw egg-free: Nutella tiramisu no eggs is perfect for children, pregnant women or if you are avoiding raw eggs that are often found in the original recipe.
- Nutella: Tiramisu is delicious, tiramisu with Nutella is over-the-top delicious.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Nutella Tiramisu
- Mascarpone: This is a must have for a classic Italian tiramisu. It adds a rich, creamy texture to the parfaits.
- Granulated sugar: Adds a sweet taste, icing sugar could be used as well for a lighter texture.
- Whipping cream: Whipping cream, heavy cream or whole cream is best with at least 30% fat.
- Lady fingers: Cookie type ladyfingers are best to use.
- Strong coffee: Freshly brewed coffee that has been cooled is best, although instant coffee can work in a pinch.
- Nutella: Your Nutella will need to be drizzle consistency. I love to use my homemade Nutella, it has the best chocolate hazelnut flavor, but you can use store bought.
- Coarsely chopped hazelnuts: This garnish fits well with the taste of the Nutella tiramisu, but see variations for more options.
How to Make Nutella Tiramisu
First, you will need to whip your mascarpone with the sugar. In either a stand mixer or a large bowl with electric beaters, beat the mascarpone for 1 minute then add the sugar and beat to combine.
Next, whip the cream until stiff peaks form then gently fold the cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture until completely combined.
Dip your ladyfingers into the coffee on one side and halve them if needed to fit the size of your glass.
Now it’s time to layer your Nutella tiramisu parfaits! Start with mascarpone cream as your bottom layer, top it with lady fingers.
More mascarpone mixture then Nutella, mascarpone again and then end with a drizzle of Nutella and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 before serving.
- To soften Nutella: Either warm it in the microwave briefly or heat the jar in boiling water. You can also try thinning it with milk.
- Cold ingredients: Your heavy cream and mascarpone are fine to use straight out of the refrigerator, there is no need to bring them to room temperature.
- Ladyfingers: The best type of ladyfingers to use are called “savoiardi” which are more cookie-like. Cake-type ladyfingers tend to be too soggy for tiramisu.
- Avoid splitting: Do not over beat your mascarpone mixture and fold it gently when combining your whipping cream and mascarpone mixture otherwise you will risk the ingredients splitting instead of combining smoothly together.
- Don’t soak your ladyfingers: A quick dunk in the coffee is just fine as the ladyfingers will soak up more liquid during the chilling process.
- Chilling time: Don’t skip this step! Chilling allows the ladyfingers to soak flavor and moisture from the coffee and other ingredients.
- Ladyfinger substitutes: If you can’t find ladyfingers at the grocery store, you can substitute with sponge cake, pound cake or try vanilla wafers. If you use sponge or pound cake, let it sit out to dry for up to a day before using.
- Cream cheese: While mascarpone cheese is best as it is creamier, cream cheese should work but only as a last resort.
- Garnish: I love chopped hazelnuts but sliced strawberries, chocolate curls, cocoa powder or chopped Ferrero Rocher chocolates would also work!
- Boozy Nutella tiramisu: Substitute the coffee for Frangelico!
- Layer in a pan: Layer it in a loaf pan, square pan or sheet pan instead if you would like. I recommended chilling at least 4-6 hours and depending on the pan it may need to be lined with plastic wrap for easy removal.
How to Store
Store leftover Nutella tiramisu covered in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days. The ladyfingers will become softer the longer they are stored.
Can I add some liquor to this recipe?
Sure! I love to do that in some of my tiramisu recipes, like this Bailey’s tiramisu. You can add Kahlua, Frangelico or Bailey’s to the coffee when dipping your ladyfingers and you can also add just a small amount when making the mascarpone mixture.
Where do I find ladyfingers at the store?
I would check the baking aisle and if they are not located there check the cookie or cracker aisle.
Is this tiramisu completely egg-free?
This is an eggless tiramisu recipe but because ladyfingers do contain eggs it is not completely egg-free.
Why is my tiramisu runny?
Use the highest quality mascarpone that you can find at the store. It should be thick and creamy so if yours is too runny, I recommend draining it first to lose excess water.
Can I make this Nutella parfait ahead of time?
Yes! As there is chilling time involved, these no-bake tiramisu parfaits are perfect to make ahead for dessert or even to make a day ahead.
How to store Nutella Tiramisu
The Italian dessert should be kept in the fridge well covered with plastic wrap, it will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. If you prefer you can freeze it in a freezer safe container, it will keep for up to two weeks in the freezer. Let it thaw overnight in fridge before serving.
More Delicious Tiramisu Recipes
- Easy Tiramisu Recipe for Kids
- Strawberry Tiramisu
- Homemade Tiramisu Cake
- Chocolate Tiramisu Swiss Roll
- Pistachio Tiramisu Recipe
Easy Nutella Tiramisu
- 1¼ cups mascarpone
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ cups cream whipping/whole or heavy cream with at least 30% fat content
- 4-6 lady fingers
- ¼-⅓ cup strong coffee
- ½-¾ cup Nutella (softened – drizzable)*
- 3-4 tablespoons coarsely chopped hazelnuts (or a chopped hazelnut chocolate bar)
To soften the Nutella you can either warm in the microwave or heat in boiling water bain-marie style.
- In a large bowl beat the mascarpone for 1 minute, add the sugar and beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl whip the cream until stiff. Gently fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture until completely combined.
- In 4 medium/large parfait glasses start with some mascarpone cream, top with halved (or depending on glass) lady fingers dipped (dip one side then turn over, don't soak the fingers) in the cold coffee, top with the mascarpone mixture then Nutella, mascarpone, drizzle with Nutella and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply