Grilled Tomatoes and Mozzarella are a fast and easy side dish or appetizer. Tomato slices are grilled on the BBQ then topped with a slice of Mozzarella add a little drizzle of Olive Oil and fresh chopped Basil. Perfect!
With Summer winding down and tomatoes are everywhere, your local farmer’s market, the supermarket and if you are lucky enough even your own garden, then you are probably looking for fast and easy ways to use up all the beautiful ripe and not so ripe tomatoes.
- Tomatoes – firm but ripe
- Mozzarella – fresh mozzarella
- Olive oil – good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Basil – fresh basil
- Oregano – fresh or dried oregano
How to make Grilled Tomatoes
Sometimes a Fast and Easy Appetizer just can’t be beat. Especially when you are grilling tomatoes. Of course you are going to want to use a firmer ripe tomato for this, just slice them up to your desired thickness, remember not too thin!
Slice up the same amount of Fresh Mozzarella, place a slice immediately on the Grilled Tomato slices don’t forget to drizzle with a little Olive Oil, sprinkle with some Oregano, Salt and of course some fresh chopped Basil. You will be amazed how really delicious this is.
How to store it
This is the type of dish that should be eaten as soon as it is made, if you do have leftovers place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one day.
To tell the truth this simple Grilled Tomatoes with Mozzarella Appetizer could also become an awesome Breakfast (and why not?) Light Meal or even a yummy sandwich idea. With summer coming to a close you are going to want to eat all the Summer Veggies you can!
Grilled Tomatoes with Mozzarella
- 3-4 Firm Ripe (not overly ripe) Tomatoes
- 6-8 slices fresh mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- fresh chopped Basil
- On a hot pan grill or BBQ, place thick slices of Tomato, grill on both sides, remove to a clean plate and immediately top each slice with a slice of Fresh Mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh chopped Basil, Oregano and Salt. Serve immediately. Enjoy!