Italian Baccala Linguine is a delicious Easy Recipe. Dried Salt Cod cooked to perfection in a perfectly spiced tomato sauce, then tossed with your favourite al dent pasta. So good.
Baccala Linguine Recipe
Ever since I made my mother-in-law’s Baccala and Chickpeas recipe, the Italian has been craving Baccala. So I decided to make this Delicious Baccala Linguine.
What does Baccala mean?
The direct translation is Dried Cod or as my father-in-law in jest would call his grandchildren when they were acting silly.
If you have never made or eaten baccala it is so much easier if you buy pre soaked baccala. All you have to do is cut it up and add it to your sauce.
How to make Baccala Linguine Recipe
- If you buy pre soaked Baccala no need to soak it yourself.
- In a large pan add olive oil, sliced grape tomatoes, fresh basil and parsley and spices.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the cut up baccala and cook until tender.
- Toss with the cooked pasta and black olive slices, and serve immediately.
How to Soak Dried Baccala
- Place the dry Baccala in cold water, (make sure it’s covered).
- Change the water 2x a day and soak for 48 hours.
More Fish Dishes you may enjoy!
I would love for you try this Italian Baccala Linguine Recipe and let me know what you think! Have a wonderful Easter weekend. Buon Appetito!
Italian Baccala Linguine Recipe
- 7 ounces baccala (pre soaked not dried)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 30 grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped
- pinch hot pepper flakes (more or less if desired)
- 10 black olives (more or less sliced)
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- In a large pot of salted water cook the pasta al dente.
- In a large skillet (10 inches / 25 centimeters) add the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then add the bite size cut up baccala, and the spices, gently combine and cook for approximately 10 - 15 minutes or until tender and cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta and sliced olives, half a ladle of pasta water and cook for 1-2 minutes, sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!