Italian Breaded Pork Chops, a delicious Family Dinner Meal. Pork chops baked not fried in a yummy Parmesan Breaded coating, makes this dish a healthy alternative. An Easy weeknight or weekend dinner idea.
Breaded Pork Chops
One thing we all agree on is we love Pork Chops. I first had these pork chops years ago when my sister-in-law made them. Although she fried them and I decided that I would prefer them baked.
OK maybe not prefer them baked, because they certainly are yummy fried, but let’s face it baked is healthier. And one pan makes them so easy.
How to Make Italian Bread Pork Chops:
- On a large plate mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and freshly chopped parsley.
- Coat the pork chops very well with the crumb mixture one at a time,
- Place the chops on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, lightly drizzle the paper with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chops with a little salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 30 minutes, halfway through baking turn the chops over sprinkle with a little salt, (in the last 5 minutes I raised the temperature to 390°/200°), for extra browning.
- Let the chops sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
How long to Bake Pork Chops for:
Depending on the thickness of the chop be sure to bake them for about 30 minutes at 375F (190C).
If you aren’t sure if the Baked Pork Chops are cooked thoroughly then you can measure the internal temperature of the meat. Make sure that it has reached 145F (62C).
Also let the Pork Chop rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
What are the best type of Pork Chops for baking?
You can use either boneless or bone in Pork Chops. Personally a thick cut 1 to 1 1/2 inch chop is the best for baking and thinner and you will have a dry breaded chop. Not too delicious.
How to Store the Baked Breaded Pork Chops:
Any leftover pork chops should be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to three days. Or they can be frozen for up to three months.
What to serve with these Italian Baked Breaded Pork Chops:
Bread Crumbs tossed with freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley take these Breaded Pork Chops to another level. So Good.
They come out crunchy on the outside and nice and moist on the inside. Amazingly delicious! Try them, trust me, you won’t regret it. Buon Appetito!
Italian breaded pork chops
- 5 pork chops (thick cut 1- 1 1/2 inches (2 1/2 - 3.8 cm)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (62.5 grams)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
*You can also substitute with 1/2 -1 teaspoon dried parsley.
- Pre heat oven to 375° (190°). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- On a large plate mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and parsley, coat the pork chops very well with the crumb mixture one at a time, place on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt (pinch) and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in pre heated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes**, halfway through baking turn the chops over, and sprinkle with any extra crumbs. In the last 5 minutes I raised the temperature to 390°/200°, for extra browning. Let the chops sit 3-5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- ** Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Updated from March 20, 2018.