Italian Nutella Crumb Cake, a delicious fast and easy Dessert or Snack Cake. A buttery cookie type base with a yummy Nutella Filling and crumb topping.
A few months ago I shared an Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake. I talked about how this was one of my/our favourite desserts and I was lucky enough to get the recipe from a friend. Well my friends this is the one that started it all.
Just ask my Eldest Daughter who in a little over a month that she has been back in Toronto (I miss her, we all miss her) has made this Italian Nutella Crumb Cake for family and friends, I kid you not 4 times.
She actually made it here in Italy a couple of times, and as she says “If I can do it anyone can do it”. Actually she is becoming a pretty good baker in her own right. But seriously this is a really easy cake to make, and so yummy!
Mix all the dough ingredients together, but remember just until it gets nice and crumbly. Remove 1/3 for the topping, the rest goes in the cake pan and then the good part, spread the Nutella and cover with the remaining 1/3 crumbs. In the oven it goes, let it cool and then dive right in.
Italian Nutella Crumb Cake
In my opinion this Nutella Crumb Cake should step out from behind Tiramisu and just show everyone how darn delicious a crumb cake especially filled with Nutella can be. Enjoy!
- CRUMB CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups flour 300 grams
- 1/2 cup sugar 100 grams
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 8 grams
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cold butter 100 grams
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cups Nutella
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour an 8-9 inch (depending how thick you like your base, I used a 9 inch for this one) cake pan (20-24 centimeter). A spring form pan is my recommendation.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, add butter using a pastry blender or fork combine to form a crumbly mixture, add egg and continue to mix only until still crumbly.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the crumbly mixture to the cake pan, spread Nutella on top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool. Enjoy!