Homemade Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese, there’s nothing like it. This delicious comfort food is a fast and easy double cheese creamy Macaroni Recipe and yes it’s better than baked.
Macaroni and Cheese
Naturally we are a big Pasta loving family and this Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is tasty, creamy and cheesy exactly what it should be. I’m sure it will become one of your favourites too!
When I was in Canada one of my favourite Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese dishes was that really orange powdered stuff in a box.
I hate to admit it but I just loved the stuff, so much so, that when I would come back from visiting (years ago) I would always bring back a couple of boxes.
And then I got smart and found the powdered mixture in the bulk store!!
If I only knew back then how easy and delicious this Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese version is.
How to make the best Macaroni and Cheese Recipe.
- Start by making a white sauce.
- In a large pot melt the butter, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the milk, and stir to combine the ingredients to form a smooth sauce.
- Continue to cook the sauce until it thickens.
- Add the shredded cheese (that you shred yourself not pre shredded) and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Gently fold in your cooked al dente pasta.
- Serve immediately with some shredded cheddar on top.
Other Macaroni Recipes
Sometimes the only thing we need is a little comfort, sometimes it comes from family, sometimes from friends and sometimes from food.
I think this Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect dish if you are looking or needing a little comfort.
And even if you aren’t this Macaroni and Cheese Dish is cheesy, creamy and amazing! Buon Appetito!
Homemade Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese, there's nothing like it. This delicious comfort food is a fast and easy double cheese creamy Macaroni Recipe and yes it's better than baked.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- 2 cups milk (whole or 2 %)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used medium)
- 1 cup shredded fontina or gruyere cheese
- 5-6 cups cooked macaroni (2 1/2 - 3 cups dried macaroni)
In a large saucepan on low / medium heat melt butter, then add the flour and whisk together until smooth, add salt and pepper, then slowly add the milk, stirring to combine. Cook and stir often until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
Add shredded cheese and stir until melted, then gently fold in the cooked al dente pasta. Serve immediately topped with some shredded cheese. Enjoy.