Homemade Creamy Baked Pancetta Macaroni, a fast and easy any night Family Dinner Pasta Dish. Made with sautéed mushrooms and bacon and a little cream make this Macaroni and Cheese Recipe a little different but so Yummy.
Creamy Baked Pancetta Macaroni
If there was one dish that would stop me from photographing for my blog this would be the one. “Why?” you ask, because every time I prepare this dish and put it on the table it is gone and I mean gone in 10 minutes.
It is a good thing there is some on the plate for the photo or I wouldn’t even get a taste. When it comes to pancetta (Italian Bacon) it is almost every man (person) for himself in my house.
Imagine pasta, mushrooms, pancetta, some cream and butter then topped with some delicious freshly grated parmesan cheese and what do you have? One of the best Baked Macaroni Recipes, Creamy Baked Pancetta Macaroni.
I love pasta dishes that are fast and easy and in my family I think the Baked Pasta Dishes are our favourites. They are also perfect for family dinners or even when you are having company for dinner, put it together and into the oven it goes.
Just remember to cook the pasta very al dente because it will finish cooking in the oven. Nothing worse than mushy pasta, so says the Italian!
Creamy Baked Pancetta and Mushroom Macaroni
I recently read that there is no translation in Italian for comfort food, that could be because for Italians all food is considered comfort. I like to think this is true, especially for pasta.
This Macaroni and Cheese isn’t your classic dish, it isn’t overly creamy or cheesy but with the saltiness of the pancetta and everything mixed together for the perfect combination, it takes this Baked Pasta over the top.
More Creamy Pasta Dishes
So if you are looking for an Italian Comfort Food, put this Creamy Baked Pancetta Macaroni at the top of the list. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Buon Appetito!
Homemade Creamy Baked Pancetta Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced pancetta in small sticks (130 grams)
- 2 1/4 cups sliced mushrooms ( cut in half then sliced) (200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup whole cream (115 grams)
- 4 cups cooked short pasta (400 grams)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (75 grams)
- Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius).
- With 1 tablespoon of softened butter grease a medium- sized oven save pan (approximately 10-12 inch 25-30 cent).
- Boil water for the pasta and cook to very al dente. Drain well.
- In a medium-sized oven save pan (approximately 10-12 inch 25-30 cent), add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pancetta, cook on medium heat for 2 minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms (no need to add salt because they will get salt from the pancetta drippings, add a small amount of pepper if desired). parsley** and cook on medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes until golden, stir occasionally, making sure they don't burn.
- Then add the cream and heat for 2-3 minutes, add the drained pasta and gently combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- **I like to add a little (1/2 teaspoon) oregano and a dash or two of hot pepper flakes instead of pepper.