A delicious welcome to Spring with this No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie. Fast and Easy and made with your favorite flavor of Greek Yogurt. Healthy too!
Welcome to my first post with Sunday Supper, whose mission is to bring people back together around the table each week. I think it is important as a family to eat together at least on Sunday, and so because I loved the idea I decided to join.
This is my first Sunday Supper Submission! Please check out the other posts listed below, they are all wonderful. This Sunday Supper is hosted by Renee from a Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.
The theme this week is “Welcome Spring” and I decided to make this amazing No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie.My daughters and I first discovered Yogurt Pie when we were grocery shopping one day. Boxed cake and pie mixes were not very big in Italy until about 5-7 years ago.
When we saw the Spring/Summer boxed Yogurt Pie we decided that we needed to try it. It was pretty darn good for a box. So when Spring would roll around and out would come The Desserts we would always grab a box of our favourite cake.
The other day when I was in the Super Market I noticed our favourite Yogurt Dessert was on the shelf. I also saw that I was not the only one gawking at the desserts.
Almost as if she was reading my mind a woman beside me commented “you always know when Spring has arrived” a third woman responded “if you want to eat an even better Yogurt Pie, I’ve got the recipe for you”.
Music to my ears. I don’t think the other woman was much interested, but I already had my pen and paper out of my purse.
I let her know that I was more than interested in her recipe. And this my friends is how my No Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie became one of the Italians favourite desserts.
He has already told me a couple of flavours he can’t wait to try. Even the Nutella Queen was not impressed that he ate the last slice, ok the last two slices.
No-Bake Greek Yogurt Pie
I decided to change the recipe up a bit by using Greek Yogurt instead of regular since it is thicker, and I used some milk instead of all cream.
My daughter and I decided that if you could eat a cloud this is what it would taste like. Soft, fluffy and absolutely amazing.
Just like my Easy Yogurt Cake. Pick your favourite Greek Yogurt flavour and the rest is easy. The perfect dessert to end a Family Sunday Supper. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker / cookie crumbs** 180 grams
- 1/4 cup butter melted 54 grams
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tablespoon milk 72 grams
- 1 cup whole or whipping cream 230 grams
- 2 cups any flavour greek yogurt (remove from fridge 30-45 minutes before using) 510 grams
- 1 1/4 sheets gelatin
Mix graham cracker / cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7 - 8 inch (17 - 20 centimetera) springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap). Place in refrigerator.
Fill a medium bowl with water add the gelatin and soak until it softens (10-15 minutes).
In a small pot add the milk heat the milk but do not boil, remove gelatin from the water, wring out well and add to the milk, stir until completely melted. Set aside.
In a medium bowl beat cream until thick peaks form, gently fold in the yogurt, when well combined add the gelatin/milk mixture and combine well. Remove the cookie base from the fridge, pour the cream mixture on top, smooth the top with a spatula. Refrigerate 5 hours or overnight. Top with fresh fruit before serving. Enjoy!
Need some help with Gelatin? Check it out here David Lebovitz
More amazing Spring Recipes to Check Out from the Sunday Supper Bloggers.
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lavender Lemon Cocktail by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champange Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Ravioli with Morel Cream Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Lemon-Shallot Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Dijon Balsamic Herb Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lebanese Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Sesame Ginger Seared Ahi Coconut Tacos by Simply Healthy Family
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake by Angels Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake by Sweet Mornings
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement