Nutella Oreo Gelato, a creamy delicious Italian Ice Cream, made with cream and milk, Nutella and crushed Oreos. Italy meets America!
I guess you could call this a 2 part recipe blog post. The story started about two weeks ago when I asked my youngest Nutella loving daughter what kind of cake she would like for her 15th birthday.
I usually ask her with enough time in advance because I usually need it. One year it was a 3 layer red velvet and a couple of years ago it was a rainbow cake.
This year she didn’t have a definite cake in mind she just told me what she wanted in her cake. Her list consisted of chocolate cake, Oreos, (yes thank goodness you can find Oreos in Italy) kit kat and Nutella.
Hmmm I thought what the heck am I going to do with that? So after a few days and a couple of failed ideas. I had a brilliant idea, I just had to sell my idea to the birthday girl.
And sell I did. I decided I would make my first ice cream cake, although I have made gelato before, but I wanted to make this creamy delicious Nutella Oreo Gelato as the middle layer of my double chocolate birthday cake.
Nutella Oreo Gelato is so easy and only 5 ingredients, nothing like homemade gelato, an Easy Summer Dessert Recipe.
Nutella Oreo Gelato
So start smashing those Oreos and get ready for some yummy gelato. Oh and don’t forget to check back on Sunday to get the recipe and a look at the cake. Enjoy!
Nutella Oreo Gelato
- 1 cup whole cream 240 grams
- 4 cups milk (I used 2%) 1 liter
- 1 1/4 cups fine/fruit sugar (not icing or powdered sugar)
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 7 Oreo cookies crushed
- In a medium bowl add cream, milk and sugar, beat on medium speed for 20 seconds.
- Pour into ice cream maker, use a spatula to get all the ingredients.
- When the ice cream is almost finished (in the last 5-10 minutes) add the Nutella and crushed Oreo cookies, and continue until it reaches desired creaminess, (see ice cream maker instructions) mine took 30 minutes. Depending on when you add the Nutella your gelato will have either a chunkier Nutella addition or a more incorporated Nutella addition.
- This recipe may be cut in half if not using for the cake. Depending on the size of your ice cream maker you may need to make double batches if using for the cake.