Orange Streusel Muffins, the perfect Breakfast Muffin. A delicious Orange flavour with a yummy streusel topping makes them your new favourite.
Have I ever told you how much I love muffins? Well I do. And how much winter fruits are my favourite? I can never get enough of anything apple or orange and banana is ok too.
Especially when you mix in cinnamon and or chocolate then for me there is nothing better. So naturally these Orange Streusel Muffins are one of my favourites, you can really taste the orange flavour.
Muffins are great because if you are looking for something fast and easy they are perfect. In my house muffins or quick breads are always gone quickly, they’re perfect for breakfast or a fast snack, nothing beats them.
Although I always had a problem with the “mix only until moistened”, I would always over mix, I guess I thought that the batter had to be smooth. Because when you stir muffin batter until it is smooth your muffins become tough. So what I do is I stir 10 times and that’s it, and I mean that is it!
Don’t worry about the batter lumps, they really do disappear when baked. And you will have soft, delicious muffins.
If you prefer a loaf or a cake shape then no problem, you can change-up these Orange Streusel Muffins into a loaf or cake.
Whatever way you decide to make it I really do hope you enjoy this amazing orange tasty streusel recipe. Just remember while they are cooling on a wire rack, start the coffee or tea. Enjoy!
Orange Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups flour 240 grams
- 1/2 cup sugar 100 grams
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 12 grams
- 1 teaspoon salt 6 grams
- grated zest of one orange
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk 112 grams
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used fresh juice) 112 grams
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 66 grams
- 1/4 cup sugar 50 grams
- 2 tablespoons butter 28 grams
- 1 tablespoon flour 8 grams
- 2 tablespoons each dark and white chocolate mini chips 28 grams, if you don't like white add double dark or vice versa
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease muffin tins, loaf or cake pan (8 inch / 20 centimeters)
- In a small bowl combine sugar, butter and flour until crumbly then stir in chips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in orange rind. Make a well in the center and add egg, milk, orange juice and oil. Stir just until moistened (10 stirs). Pour into prepared muffin tins and sprinkle with topping. (I made 9 medium and 6 small muffins). Bake for approximately 20 minutes (check with toothpick for doneness, will be longer for cake or loaf). Enjoy!