Almond Peach Bread the best way to end Summer is with a Fresh Peach Sweet Loaf. This delicious moist sweet bread recipe has a filling of chopped peaches and a slivered almond topping, nothing else is needed!
For me the best thing about summer is the fresh produce. From fruits to vegetables. But I have to say Peaches are one of my favourites. Especially when they are baked into something!
And did you know that today, August 22 is Eat a Peach Day? Well it is, and you could eat a raw Peach or you could make this delicious Almond Fresh Peach Bread and share.
This recipe calls for 2 Peaches, so you are going to need medium – large size peaches and make sure that they are ripe. Don’t use hard peaches because you are going to want the moisture to help make the bread moist.
I decided to top this Fresh Peach Bread with slivered almonds rather than a frosting, because sometimes less is more!
More Peach Recipes you may Enjoy!
To tell the truth I love the arrival of peaches not only because I adore peaches but because it also means the end of summer!
I usually spend the summer in Toronto in a nice air conditioned house but this year we came back early and yeah we suffered through the horrible hot Italian Summer. I think the worst thing about the heat is the no sleeping during the night.
Thank goodness it has finally cooled down at night and sleeping is again possible.
So yes I say good bye to summer with this delicious Peach Bread and hello to everything Fall and Cool and of course Apples. I hope everyone enjoys the remaining bit of Summer and is as excited as I am to see Fall! Enjoy.
Almond Fresh Peach Bread
- 2 medium - large fresh peaches (must be ripe)
- 1/3 cup butter (room temperature)**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup sliced almonds
**Room temperature - remove from fridge 30 minutes before using.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C) and flour and grease a 9x5 inch (22x12 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed beat the butter and sugars until creamy (about 3 minutes) then add the egg, yogurt, milk and vanilla, beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Gently fold in the chopped peaches. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and top with the sliced almonds. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, (test with a toothpick). Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
TODAY AUGUST 22 IS EAT A PEACH DAY. I HAVE TEAMED UP WITH SOME AMAZING FELLOW BLOGGERS TO SHARE RECIPES WITH YOU ONCE A MONTH FOR VARIOUS FOOD HOLIDAYS. SO I HOPE YOU WILL CHECK OUT THEIR RECIPES TOO. AND ENJOY!
Ashlee Marie – Fried Peaches and Creme Anglaise
Simply Stacie – Peach Coffee Cake
An Italian in my Kitchen – here
Real Mom Kitchen – Peach Lemonade
Pretty Providence – Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
Crumb – Grilled Peach Lassi
Savory Experiments – Southern Peach Pie
The Baker Upstairs – Peach Buttermilk Cake
My Mommy Style – Delicious Peach Muffins
Supergolden Bakes – Brown Sugar Pavlova with Caramelized Peaches
Premeditated Leftovers – Mason Jar Peach and Raspberry Cobbler
365 Days of Slow Cooking – Easiest Way to Peel Peaches
10 More Amazing Peach Recipes
Sugar Spun Run – Mini Peaches and Cream Galettes
Beyond the Chicken Coop – Fresh Peach Salsa
Kudos Kitchen – Refreshing Low Sugar Fresh Peach Sorbet with Sage
Serena Bakes – Peach Crumb Muffins
Snacking in Sneakers – Healthy Peach Blueberry Crisp
Whisk Affair – Healthy Peach Pie Smoothie
Sugar and Soul Co – Frozen Peach Bellini
The Love Nerds – Fresh Peach Pull Apart Bread
Sprinkles & Sprouts – Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rosemary
One Dish Kitchen – Peach Crisp for One