Puff Pastry Roses are the perfect easy dessert to wow your guests or family. Make them with peaches and a little brown sugar for a delicious Summer recipe idea.
Easy Peach Puff Pastry Roses
Puff pastry is something that I usually always have in the fridge. I love using it to make this Savory Pancetta Asparagus Quiche or this delicious Puff Pastry Tiramisu or why not make your own Homemade Puff Pastry?
Usually these Puff Pastry Roses are made with apples but since I had some peaches hanging around I thought they would make the perfect substitution.
And believe me if your family is anything like mine, especially the Italian they will be gone in minutes.
How to make Puff Pastry Roses
- The first thing I did was unroll the dough and give it a few gently rolls with a rolling pin to help flatten it out.
- Brush it with a little melted butter and I sprinkled it with a cinnamon sugar combination.
- Cut the dough into 6 even strips about 2 inches wide.
- Slice 1-2 peaches very thin, if the peaches are large then one might be enough. Do not peel the peach.
- Place about 7-10 peach slices lengthwise in a straight line, halfway down, and overlapping slightly, on each strip of dough (see photo).
- Fold up the bottom of the dough and tightly roll the dough to form a rose shape.
- Seal the edges with a little water so they stick.
- Place each Rose tart in a greased and floured muffin tin and bake. Let cool to warm.
- Dust with a little powdered sugar before serving.
More Peach Recipes you may enjoy!
Can the Pastry Roses be made ahead?
The roses can be assembled a day ahead and placed in the muffin tin, just wrap tightly with plastic and refrigerate.
How to Store Puff Pastry Roses
These tarts are best eaten warm right after baking and dusted with a little powdered sugar.
They can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Or you can store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you want you can always warm them up a few minutes either in the oven or quickly in the microwave.
So if you are looking for something quick, easy and delicious I hope you give these Peach Puff Pastry Roses a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy! And to my American readers have a Happy 4th of July.
Easy Puff Pastry Roses
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 peaches thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 6 medium size muffin tin.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry dough and give it a few gently rolls with a rolling pin to help flatten it out.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar combination.
- Then cut the dough into 6 even strips about 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Place about 7-10 peach slices lengthwise in a straight line, halfway down, and overlapping slightly, on each strip of dough (see photos).
- Fold up the bottom of the dough over the slices and tightly roll the dough to form a rose shape. Seal the edges with a little water so they stick. Place each Rose tart in the prepared muffin tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes*. Let cool to warm then dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!