6 Vanilla Almond Cupcakes are the perfect, easy and delicious Fall Cupcake and even yummier with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting!
This is the first time I have made a cupcake recipe for An Italian in my Kitchen. My kids when they were little and not so little always asked for cupcakes even more than Cakes for their birthdays or special occasions.
Cupcakes weren’t very known in Italy then, so they were always something special and their friends loved them.
When I got together with a small group of Talented Food Bloggers, we decided why not do a round up of Cupcakes? I thought it was a great idea, since it is something for a while now that I really wanted to share.
Although, it had to be a Fall inspired Cupcake Recipe. My ideas of Fall have changed over the years, the gorgeous Autumn colours are now filled with baskets of grapes and olives. Pumpkin and Apple Pies are now huge bags of fresh Almonds, Hazelnuts and Walnuts in the grocery stores.
So I decided to combine my first home with my second home in these 6 Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Since we are now three in the house, 6 cupcakes would be the perfect amount for us, but you can always double this recipe if you need more.
6 Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
They are fast and easy to make and bake up in 20 minutes. I decided to frost them with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting to add a little Canada.
I used real Maple Syrup and not flavouring. And I used one tablespoon each of Syrup and Cream, but we all agreed that we would like a stronger Maple taste, so next time I am going to double the syrup and leave out the Cream.
Whether you make 6 or 12 I hope you enjoy these Vanilla Almond Cupcakes and of course the beautiful Fall Weather. Enjoy!
6 Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect, easy and delicious Fall Cupcake.
- 1/2 cup flour (60 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (60 grams)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (2.5 grams)
- 1/4 cup butter softened (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (2.5 grams)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds (27.5 grams)
- 1/4 cup milk (61.25 grams)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (56.25 grams)
- 1/4 cup butter (56.7 grams)
- 2 1/2 cups icing/powdered sugar (275 grams)
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (20 grams)
- 1 tablespoon whole/whipping cream (15 grams)
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour 6 cupcake pan.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and almonds.
In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes), beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
Alternating between flour mixture (start with flour) and milk, add to egg mixture with a spoon. Mix until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
Beat all ingredients together until well combined. If too thick add more syrup, if too thin add more icing sugar. If you want a stronger Maple flavour substitute Maple syrup for the cream.
If you are looking for some more Fall inspired Cupcakes I would love if you checked these out too!
Cupcake recipes, clockwise from top left:
- Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting (Rosemary – An Italian in My Kitchen)
- Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream (Melissa – My Wife Can Cook)
- Apple Spice Cupcakes (Arlene – Flour on My Face)
- Spicy Chai Cupcakes with Sweet Cinnamon Buttercream (Gloria – Homemade and Yummy)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting (Sarah – The Fit Cookie)
- Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cupcakes with Caramel (Veena – Veena Azmanov)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes (Michelle – The Gracious Wife)