Baileys Cheesecake is a rich and decadent homemade cheesecake recipe flavored with Baileys Irish Cream with a chocolate cookie crust and Irish cream chocolate glaze. The perfect dessert for a special occasion, holiday meal, or any time you want an amazing dessert.
I love a cold glass of Baileys Irish Cream but even better is using it to make a dessert like cheesecake. It adds a wonderful flavor to make this Baileys cheesecake a very special treat.
This is a baked cheesecake recipe with the best creamy cheesecake filling, chocolate crust and even more chocolate on top with a simple glaze. It looks like a fancy restaurant dessert, but I promise it’s easy to make!
It’s a great make-ahead dessert because it needs to be chilled for several hours. So, if you’re making it for a special meal or holiday dinner, you can get it done ahead of time, so it’s easy to slice and serve when it’s time for dessert.
If you want a twist on a classic dessert, this Baileys Irish cream cheesecake is a fun one to try. Rich, creamy, chocolatey, and with a taste of Baileys flavor. Sounds good to me!
- Chocolate cookie crumbs – Any chocolate wafer cookie will work or try chocolate sandwich cookies, like Oreos, if you like an Oreo cookie crust. Use a food processor to crush the cookies.
- Melted butter
- Softened cream cheese – Full-fat cream cheese will work best so your filling has the best creamy texture.
- Granulated or fine sugar
- Large eggs – Leave them out at room temperature before you make the filling.
- Vanilla extract
- Baileys Irish Cream
- Heavy cream – Or another type of cream that is at least 30% fat.
- Chopped dark chocolate – Use a good-quality chocolate bar.
How to Make It
Mix the melted butter and crushed cookies and then press the mixture into a springform pan. Chill the crust in the fridge while you make the cheesecake filling.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar with a mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and beat until combined.
Mixing at low speed, add the Baileys to the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the filling into the cold crust. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes at 350°F or until the edges are set and the center is still a little jiggly.
Cool the cheesecake in the pan at room temperature for one hour. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least six hours or, ideally, overnight.
Before serving it, make the Baileys chocolate ganache glaze. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it’s steaming hot – don’t let it boil.
Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then stir until it’s smooth. Stir in the Baileys and then spread or drizzle the glaze over the top of the cheesecake.
Can you use a regular cake pan instead a of springform pan?
Yes, you can use an 8″ cake pan instead. Line it with parchment paper, so it’s easy to remove the cheesecake for slicing.
How do you know when a cheesecake is done baking?
It will be set around the edges but still a little wobbly in the center when you gently shake the pan. You can also use a thermometer to measure the temperature. Insert it near the edge of the cheesecake – it should be between 165 and 170°F.
How long does homemade cheesecake keep?
Keep leftover Baileys cheesecake covered and store it in the refrigerator for three to four days.
This Baileys cheesecake recipe will cure any sweet tooth! It’s so rich and creamy and one of my favorite ways to use Baileys. Enjoy!
More Desserts with Baileys Irish Cream
- No Bake Baileys Mousse Pie
- Italian Hot Chocolate with Baileys
- Frozen Baileys Mochaccino
- Baileys Almond Truffles
Easy Baked Baileys Cheesecake
- 1½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (whole fat) room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar granulated or fine sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Baileys
- ½ cup cream (whole, heavy or whipping cream with at least 30% fat)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (good quality chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons Baileys
- Combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs in an 8 inch (17cm) springform pan, (or line a regular cake pan with parchment paper), press the crumbs down evenly in the pan. Place the pan in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C).
- In the mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add the eggs and vanilla, beat to combine, then add the baileys and beat on low speed to combine well.
- Pour the filling evenly on the chilled base. Place the pan on a baking pan and bake 30 minutes. The edges will be set but the middle will not be, do not over bake. The edges should read 165-170F with a thermometer. Remove from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for approximately 1 hour then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hour or even overnight. Drizzle or cover the cake with the chocolate glaze before serving. Enjoy.
- Heat the cream until very hot but not boiling, pour over the chopped chocolate let sit 2 minutes, then combine until smooth and completely melted. Stir in the baileys.