Thick Italian Hot Chocolate, a creamy hot chocolate made with real chocolate and an added kick of Baileys Irish Cream. Top a mugful with whipped cream and chocolate flakes, perfect!
Finally, finally the heat is ending, and today as I look out the window we are having a much needed down pour.
It’s cool, sweater weather, which I love. So naturally I am making one of our favourite Casseroles, Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole for lunch, and this afternoon I will be making a pot of this …
Delicious Baileys Thick Italian Hot Chocolate to sip on in front of the TV this afternoon.
I am not a big liqueur lover but I can never say no to Baileys, I love it straight up over ice and now in a Thick Italian Hot Chocolate.
When I first came to Italy I remember making my friends a steaming cup my Native Hot Chocolate, at first I didn’t know why they said “well this is different”, but good!
So one day my kids were telling me about Italian Hot Chocolate and how lick-your-lips-yummy it was and after I tried it, I totally understood what my kids and friends were talking about.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Yes it was different and it was certainly tasty. If you like your hot chocolate plain, no problem just leave out the Baileys.
Baileys Thick Italian Hot Chocolate makes sitting on the couch with a cozy blanket the perfect Sunday Afternoon past time. Enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes you may enjoy with Baileys!
- Baileys Thick and Creamy Iced Coffee
- Baileys Frozen Mochaccino
- Baileys Chocolate Chip No-Churn Ice Cream
- Baileys Almond Truffles
Baileys Thick Italian Hot Chocolate
- 3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon milk (divided)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (chopped) (good quality)
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- In a small bowl whisk until smooth 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar and cocoa.
- In a small to medium pot heat 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk until boiling, reduce heat to low, while whisking add milk mixture, then slowly add cocoa, whisking continually until smooth, add chopped chocolate and baileys. Continue to whisk with heat on low to low medium until thickened approximately three minutes. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Enjoy!