Creamy Hot Chocolate With Whipped Cream Frozen Floats are the perfect Fall or Winter comfy Drink. A delicious Chocolate and Cream Recipe. And don’t forget the Whipped Cream Floats.
In the Fall I love steamy hot drinks, from Coffee to Tea to Hot Chocolate. This Creamy Hot Chocolate has become a Christmas tradition in our home.
Usually we will sit around on December 8th, which is the traditional day in Italy to put up and decorate your Christmas Tree and drink our steaming mugs of Creamy Hot Chocolate and eat some Christmas Cookies.
Unfortunately this year my eldest daughter won’t be here to decorate the tree (sad face). But I will send her a steaming mug of Creamy Hot Chocolate With Whipped Cream Frozen Floats via Internet.
We used to top up our hot chocolate with a big dollop of fake cream from a can. The last few years I would whip the real stuff and it was delicious.
This year I decided I wanted to do something a little different. I remembered what my daughter from What Erika Wears made this summer, a modern version of Strawberries and Cream. So I thought I would do a Christmas version.
Creamy Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream Frozen Floats
I whipped the cream until very stiff (watch it doesn’t become butter), then I folded in some chocolate chips, I did half dark chocolate and half mint chips, spread it quite thick on a foil lined cake pan and I froze it for at least an hour or two.
Once you remove it from the freezer, if it is really solid then let it sit for a couple of minutes then start cutting it out with your cookie cutters. Place the cutouts back in the freezer until ready for enjoying with your Hot Chocolate. Enjoy!
Creamy Hot Chocolate With Whipped Cream Frozen Floats
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 5 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- WHIPPED CREAM FLOATS
- 1 cup cream (I use whole cream only because I can't get whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon dark chips
- 1 tablespoon mint chips (or whatever combination you prefer)
- In a medium saucepan whisk together cocoa, sugar and salt, stir in a 1/4 cup milk to make a paste, whisk together until smooth, add remaining milk and cream. Over medium low heat, whisking occasionally until tiny bubbles appear around the edge, remove from heat and add vanilla, whisking until smooth. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream floats. Enjoy
- WHIPPED CREAM FLOATS
- In a medium bowl add cream and whip until very thick, fold in chocolate chips, spread evenly on a foil or parchment paper lined cake pan and freeze for at least an hour. Remove from freezer and cut into desired shapes, if not using immediately place again in freezer until needed.
I’m not sure if this was intentional or accidental, but be sure when you’re making this to add a bit of confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. If not it might not come out tasting like proper whipped cream – unless that was intentionally, which I guess would work as well, depending on your preferences – other than that it’s a great idea (I’ve made this a number of times already and people love it!)
Hi Sabrina, thanks for the ideas, I will have to try them next time. Although with the sweetness of the hot chocolate it worked out well. Have a great Sunday.
Laura @MotherWouldKnow says
What a fun idea! I’ve never heard of this, but now I have to try it. I’ve used cookie cutters to make homemade marshmallows in fun shapes and these remind me of those marshmallows.
I just finished making hot chocolate for my grandson who cannot put enough whipped cream on top. This is such a great idea. Can’t wait to surprise him. Thank you.
Hi Ann, thanks, hope he enjoys them. Have a great week.
Katherines Corner says
oh my goodness!!! please don’t judge me, but I drooled a little xo
Hi Katherine, haha I won’t judge you! Have a great week.
I love the whipped cream shapes! Such a cute idea!
Thanks Sarah, my daughter loved them too especially with chocolate chips.
This is an absolutely fantastic idea and my kids would LOVE this too!
Hi Elizabeth, thanks enjoy.