Beef with White Wine Sauce is a delicious Italian Recipe, made with tender pieces of beef in a flavorful white wine sauce, add some carrots, onions, rosemary and spices and the perfect Beef Stew dinner is served.
White Wine Sauce
If there is one thing that Italians love to eat, well actually there are a lot of things they like to eat, but I am talking about bread in particular. My husband cannot live without bread.
Pasta yes, bread no! And from what I have seen he isn’t the only one who loves his bread.
Never mind the fact that there are more than 70 different types of bread available in Italy, not counting of course the different types of pizza and focaccia.
I always wondered if there are more cafe bars or bakeries in Italy. Why do Italians love their bread so much you ask?
Not only because the bread here is some of the best in the world, fresh every day can’t be beat, but also because they love to wipe up all the glorious sauce from their plates.
Believe me there is some really delicious White Wine Sauce in this Recipe, just waiting to be wiped up.
Don’t you just love dishes that are fast and easy but taste so delicious you can’t get enough? This White Wine Sauce is the perfect Sauce for Beef, we love it.
More Recipes you may enjoy with White Sauce.
How to make White Wine Sauce with Beef
- The best pieces of meat are tender pieces of beef cut into 1 – 1/2 inch size.
- Simmer the beef with a little water, carrots, onions, fresh rosemary and spices.
- In the last 5 minutes raise the heat add some Dry White Wine (a great reason to open a bottle and serve the rest with dinner) and then cook for another 5-10 minutes.
I can taste it now. I know what I’m making tomorrow.
Beef with White Wine Sauce is great for a family dinner or perfect for a get together with friends. Serve with some crusty Italian bread so you can catch-all that delicious sauce and a glass of white wine. Buon Appetito!
Beef With White Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound lean tender beef (cut in approximately 1 inch size)
- flour (enough for dredging the meat)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- In a small dish add the flour and coat the meat.
- In a medium- sized frying pan, add the olive oil and brown the meat, then add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes on medium - low heat, add the carrots, garlic, rosemary, sprinkle with oregano and salt, add water. Simmer covered on low heat for approximately 30-40 minutes, uncover and add the white wine, raise the heat and cook until thickened. Serve immediately with some Italian crusty bread. Enjoy!