Stuffed Baked Paccheri a large pasta stuffed with a cheesy broccoli filling, topped with an easy white sauce and Parmesan Cheese, then baked to perfection.
Stuffed Baked Paccheri
So easy to make and we all loved it. I can never say no to a pasta dish, doesn’t matter what kind if it has pasta involved I will try it.
Especially a baked pasta! This Baked Paccheri is the perfect Fall Pasta dish, made with broccoli and ricotta and a simple homemade white sauce. This is the perfect Meatless Monday Dinner idea.
The pasta is pre boiled of course only until al dente and then stuffed with the Broccoli filling mixture. I sprinkled a good amount of parmesan cheese on top because I love my Pasta and Parmesan.
Stuffed Baked Paccheri Pasta
I even added some before I served it because you can never have too much!
When I baked it I really didn’t over bake it or brown it too much on top, I didn’t want the white sauce to dry out. I wanted it to remain creamy.
More Baked Pasta Recipes you may enjoy!
So if you are looking for something different to make with that head of broccoli, here it is, Stuffed Baked Paccheri Pasta. Buon Appetito!
Stuffed Baked Paccheri
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese **
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- dash of oregano, basil & pepper
- 3 cups paccheri (cooked al dente)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley)
**drain the ricotta in a sieve for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the broccoli until tender (not mushy). Drain but do not throw out the water.
- In a blender place 3/4 of the broccoli, olive oil and garlic and blend until creamy.
- In a medium bowl combine the blended broccoli, the remaining 1/4 portion of broccoli, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, the ricotta cheese and the salt and the pepper to taste. Mix together with a fork. Set aside.
- In the same water as the broccoli, cook the pasta al dente. Drain and wait 5-10 minutes until pasta has cooled enough to be handled.
- In a medium pot over medium heat melt the butter, and then add the flour and the salt, mix together with a whisk, then add milk slowly and continue to stir until thickened (but not too thick, if it becomes too thick add a little extra milk), stir in oregano, basil and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and the parsley.
- Place some white sauce on the bottom of an 8x 6 inch baking pan, one by one fill the paccheri with filling and place standing up in the dish. Cover the filled paccheri with the remaining white sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese/parsley. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!