Caramel Banana Pecan Cake, a delicious Cake recipe perfect as a snack or Drizzle with Caramel to make an after dinner Dessert.
Back in Italy…
Apparently there was an incredible heat wave in Italy, to tell the truth I missed most of it, but not all of it.
I was told it hit 50 degrees celsius, I can’t imagine, all I know is that I haven’t slept through the night since I got back because it is so hot.
Banana Pecan Cake
Sorry I just had to share that, now back to bananas.
I love bananas, I buy lots of bananas. And needless to say when I came back from Canada I had a few over ripe Bananas. I think my husband let them go ripe on purpose!
So what can a person do? Bake a Banana Cake and make the house even hotter is what I usually do.
The Italian loves Banana anything so this cake was right up his alley.
More Delicious Banana Recipes to Enjoy!
And to make it perfect or so my youngest daughter said. Add a yummy Caramel Drizzle.
And doesn’t this Caramel Banana Pecan Cake remind you of Fall and all that cool delicious weather? I can’t wait. Enjoy!
Caramel Banana Pecan Cake
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour**
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (if desired)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease and flour an 8 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light add eggs one at a time and beat.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon combine bananas, vanilla and yogurt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and banana mixture to the butter mixture. Combine until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared cake pan and top with half the crumb topping, cover with remaining batter and top with remaining crumb topping. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, test doneness with a toothpick. Let cool completely, drizzle with Caramel. Enjoy!
- In a medium bowl with a fork combine, sugar, flour and nuts, stir in melted butter until crumbly.
- Drizzle favourite caramel topping, store bought or melted caramels.
- ** To make Cake flour for every one cup of all purpose flour remove 2 tablespoons of flour and re fill with 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.