Pecan Banana Crumb Muffins, 2 bananas make this Banana Crumb Muffin Recipe so tasty and moist and the crunchy Pecan Crumb Topping makes them the Best.
Pecan Banana Crumb Muffins, my new favourite muffin! They go so quick I have to double the recipe.
So needless to say I am always on the lookout for a good one.
Be sure to watch the Video!
The last few mornings as I glanced at the fruit bowl and saw two very ripe bananas just sitting there, I knew it wouldn’t take the Italian long to give me a hint that baking up my Banana Cake may be a good idea.
To tell the truth I wanted to try something else, I am pretty well Banana Caked out.
As I was reading one of my favourite Food Blogger’s Blogs, and in all honesty I only read a handful. My daughter of Course, What Erika Wears, a couple of others and a woman who has become a good friend, April, from Girl Gone Gourmet.
I love how she writes, she shares herself and her life so perfectly and needless to say her recipes are pretty awesome too!
So when she posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Bread and I saw these Banana Nut Muffins, I knew where those 2 bananas of mine were going to end up! Hello Muffins, although the Banana Bread sounded really good too.
The funny thing, here in Italy you can’t find walnuts until Christmas, so I thought Pecans. I had a bag in the freezer.
My daughter who is not a nut fan, requested “no nuts, please”, so I decided those Pecans would make the best Crumble Topping, and they did.
And guess who didn’t even notice, yes the same one who eats the Streusel off all the muffins if you don’t catch her in time.
I’m telling you, these are definitely the muffin to try, big (or medium if you prefer), moist and that Pecan Crunchy Topping is to die for. Enjoy! And Happy Weekend.
Other Delicious Banana Recipes
Pecan Banana Crumb Muffins
- 2 ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup butter - melted (75 grams)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups sugar (150 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (4.20 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (187.50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (7 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2.8 grams)
PECAN STRUESEL TOPPING
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (66 grams)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (31.25 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cold butter (28.25 grams)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (31.25 grams)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C), grease and flour a large or medium sized muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together with a wooden spoon, mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla, until well combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix just until combined (I usually stir approximately 15-17 times)
- Spoon into prepared muffins cups (a little more than 3/4 full), top with streusel topping. Bake for approximately 20-35 minutes (depending on the size of the muffin tin), check for doneness with a tooth pick. Let cool. Enjoy.
PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING
- In a small bowl mix together with a fork brown sugar and flour then cut in cold butter and combine with a pastry blender until it resembles the size of peas. Stir in chopped Pecans.
- **I got 5 large muffins so I assume you could get 10 medium.