Easy Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pie, made with only four ingredients, fast, easy and so Delicious. The perfect family Ice Cream Treat.
If there is one thing I have learned from Food Blogging it’s never ever make an Ice Cream Pie or Cake in the summer in Italy. And especially if you plan on doing a video.
Our house is not air conditioned, which isn’t too bad since we do get a nice breeze going through the house. But this does not help the ice cream, no not at all.
The other day, my daughter decided that we wanted to make an ice cream Pie, but it had to have caramel in it and what goes best with Caramel? Yup Chocolate.
And we both decided we wanted it now!
So what’s the best, fast, easy and no bake crust? Cookie Crust of Course. But I didn’t want one of those sandwich cookie crusts, a little too sweet for me.
Just a yummy chocolate wafer cookie with some melted butter would be perfect. So during our melt down, we discovered the best way to make this No Bake Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pie, would be needless to say, quickly, but also in sections.
The first thing we did was our cookie crust which we placed in the freezer so it would be firm enough so we could spread the caramel sauce.
While the cookie crust was in the freezer we did about 20 to 25 scoops of chocolate ice cream, which we placed on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and then placed it in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
All that was left to do was put together this super Yummy Chocolate Ice Cream Cake.
Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pie
I decided to make things even easier I would buy some Caramel Sauce. Well I am now convinced that Italians have no idea how to make a Caramel Sauce, it was the worst thing I have ever tasted.
Luckily I remembered having some caramels in the freezer and decided to melt them with a little cream. Perfect. Here’s a tip for you, place your caramels in the freezer, so much easier to unwrap them.
We made a light layer of caramel on top of the cookie crust added our scoops of ice cream and then drizzled some more caramel sauce and then we dug right in!
If you love Chocolate and Caramel and of course Ice Cream (and who doesn’t)? You are going to love this Easy Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pie. Enjoy!
Other Ice Cream Treats to Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pie
- 1 3/4 cups cookie crumbs (eg. chocolate wafer / Oreo crumbs)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup caramel sauce (more or less) **
- 4-5 cups chocolate ice cream
- Mix together cookie crumbs and melted butter, spread and flatten evenly in a 8 inch spring form pie dish. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- While crust is in the freezer, make ice cream scoops, place 20-25 scoops on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove cookie crust from freezer, pour enough caramel sauce to make a thin layer, top with frozen prepared ice cream scoops, drizzle with more caramel. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
****For Caramel Sauce use a good store bought or Use Unwrapped Caramels