Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfaits, left over cake, cut up pound cake or even lady fingers become the base for this creamy, delicious and creamy No-Bake and No-Churn Ice cream Dessert.
Probably one of the most loved and well known of Italian Desserts! And I must add the Italian’s favourite. Doesn’t matter whether it’s the Classic Tiramisu a Pistachio Tiramisu, a Strawberry Tiramisu or even a No Bake Cheesecake he will declare “this is one of my favourites”. He in fact asked why not make an ice cream one? So I did.
Ingredients to make a Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfait
- Cream – whole, heavy or whipping cream with at least 30% fat content
- Mascarpone – whole mascarpone cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cake – a simple pound cake is what I usually use, it can be homemade or store bought
- Coffee – strong coffee or your favorite type of coffee
- Cocoa – unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What is the best cake to use
The best cake to use is a cake with a dense crumb, such as pound cake or sponge cake. Because you are dipping it in coffee you don’t want it to fall apart. Or if you prefer you can always use cookie pieces such as lady fingers.
How to make it
In a medium bowl combine well the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk. In a large bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream until well combined.
Dip the pieces of cake in the coffee do not soak. Using freezer safe glasses or parfait glasses add a layer of coffee dipped cake, top with 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of the ice cream mixture, continue for 2 or 3 more layers.
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Approximately 3-5 hours or over night. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired before serving.
If you find the cake is too frozen to eat you can let the parfait thaw for about 30 minutes in the fridge and then serve or you could make the ice cream in a separate container and make the dessert just before serving.
How to make it without coffee
If you prefer not to use coffee you could substitute the cake or cookie layer with berries such as fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries or even fresh strawberries. You could always add a coffee based liqueur and add it when combining the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk.
What ingredients do I need to make Tiramisu ice cream parfait?
You’ll need heavy whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, sweetened condensed milk, pound cake, strong coffee, and cocoa.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it a day ahead and store it in the freezer.
Do I need to dip the cake in coffee?
Yes, soaking the cake in coffee is an essential step in making this dessert.
How long do I need to soak the cake in coffee?
It’s best to only soak them for a few seconds per side to prevent them from getting too soggy
Can I substitute the mascarpone cheese with cream cheese?
The flavor and texture of the parfait will be different from the authentic Tiramisu ice cream parfait if you change out the mascarpone.
Do I need an ice cream machine to make this recipe?
No, an ice cream maker is not necessary for this recipe since you’ll be making a no-churn ice cream mixture from scratch.
How many servings does this recipe make?
How many servings does this recipe make?
Can I use any type of coffee or espresso for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of coffee or espresso, you could even use instant espresso powder mixed with water or even decaffeinated if you prefer.
What is the best cream to use
Make sure you use whipping cream, or heavy or whole cream. Depending on where you live they may have different names. Make sure there is at least 30% fat content, this will help prevent ice crystals and keep your ice cream soft and creamier.
How to make it using a loaf pan
If you prefer to use a loaf pan or cake pan rather than make a parfait that is also possible. Place a layer of coffee soaked cake on the bottom, top with half the ice cream, drizzle with melted chocolate then add another layer. Freeze until firm. Top with grated chocolate before serving. This can also be done in the reverse, starting with a layer of ice cream.
How to store it
Any leftover dessert should be stored covered in the freezer. It will keep for up to two weeks.
However you decide to make this dessert, as a Parfait or in a loaf pan, I hope you like this Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfait and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfait
TIRAMISU NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- 2 cups whole / whipping/ heavy cream
- ½ cup mascarpone (remove from fridge 30 minutes prior)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 3 or 4 thick slices of cake cut into bite size pieces (heavy crumb eg pound cake)
- ¼-½ cup strong coffee (cold)
- 2-3 tablespoons grated chocolate or cocoa or for sprinkling
TIRAMISU NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- In a medium bowl combine well the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream until well combined.
- In a small bowl add the cold coffee, dip the pieces of cake in the coffee (quickly so they aren't soaked and fall apart).
- Using freezer safe glasses add a layer of coffee dipped cake (3-4 pieces) and top with 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of the ice cream mixture, continue for 2 or 3 more layers (depending on the size of the glasses). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm approximately 3-5 hours or over night. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired before serving. Enjoy!
- If you find the cake is too frozen to eat you can let the parfait thaw for about 30 minutes in the fridge and then serve or you could make the ice cream in a separate container and make the dessert just before serving.
Updated from June 5, 2020.