Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfaits, left over cake, cut up pound cake or even lady fingers become the base for this creamy, delicious and creamy No-Bake and No-Churn Ice cream Dessert.
Probably one of the most loved and well known of Italian Desserts! And I must add the Italian’s favourite. Doesn’t matter what flavour he will declare “this is one of my favourites”. He in fact asked why not make an ice cream one? So I did.
With the heat already arrived there is nothing better than a cold No-Bake Dessert with no need to turn on the oven.
How to make it
In a medium bowl combine well the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk. In a large bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream until well combined.
Dip the pieces of cake in the coffee. Using freezer safe glasses add a layer of coffee dipped cake, top with 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of the ice cream mixture, continue for 2 or 3 more layers. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Approximately 3-5 hours or over night. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired before serving.
What is the best cake to use
The best cake to use is a cake with a dense crumb, such as a pound cake or sponge cake. Because you are dipping it in coffee you don’t want it to fall apart. Or if you prefer then you can always use lady fingers.
What is the best cream to use
Make sure you use whipping cream, or heavy or whole cream. Depending on where you live they may have different names. Make sure there is at least 30% fat content, this will help prevent ice crystals and keep your ice cream soft and creamier.
How to make it using a loaf pan
If you prefer to use a loaf pan or cake pan rather than make a parfait that is also possible. Place a layer of coffee soaked cake on the bottom, top with half the ice cream, drizzle with melted chocolate then add another layer. Freeze until firm. Top with grated chocolate before serving. This can also be done in the reverse, starting with a layer of ice cream.
How to store it
Any leftover dessert should be stored covered in the freezer. It will keep for up to two weeks.
Don’t want to turn on the Oven? Try these No Bake Desserts.
However you decide to make this dessert, as a Parfait or in a loaf pan I hope you like these Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfait and let me know what you think. Enjoy!e it the classic way in a loaf pan, the only difference was I only made one layer of soaked cake and I drizzled melted chocolate on top. Whichever way you go both are delicious. Enjoy!
Tiramisu Ice Cream Parfait
TIRAMISU NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- 1 1/4 cups whole / whipping/ heavy cream (300 grams)
- 1/4 cup mascarpone (remove from fridge 30 minutes prior) (56 grams)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (161 grams)
- 3 or 4 thick slices of cake cut into bite size pieces (heavy crumb eg pound cake)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup strong coffee (cold) (58 - 117 grams)
- chocolate flakes for sprinkling
- melted chocolate if desired
TIRAMISU NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- In a medium bowl combine well the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the mascarpone mixture into whipped cream until well combined.
- In a small bowl add the cold coffee, dip the pieces of cake in the coffee (quickly so they aren't soaked and fall apart).
- Using freezer safe glasses add a layer of coffee dipped cake (3-4 pieces) and top with 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of the ice cream mixture, continue for 2 or 3 more layers (depending on the size of the glasses). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm approximately 3-5 hours or over night. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired before serving. Enjoy!