Homemade Chocolate Liqueur, a creamy easy and so delicious Chocolate Liqueur Recipe. A perfect after dinner dessert Drink.
On Easter children receive chocolate bunnies or chicks, and adults? Well this year, how about treating yourself to a Chocolate Liqueur? This is a super easy and delicious drink.
In Italy lots of people like to make their own liqueur, from Limoncello to grappa and fragolino. I’ve made a couple during my stay in Italy, but it seems that this Chocolate Liqueur went over really well, maybe too well.
Italians take their drinks as seriously as they take their food. So I guess that’s why here it’s so easy to find 95 proof alcohol. I’ve been told that it’s hard to find it elsewhere. So no need to worry, substitute with a good strong vodka and you’ll be good to go.
This wonderful, strong and chocolately liqueur recipe was given to me by a great friend who is an amazing cook along with her daughter and every now and then we share cooking tips (how many great ideas have they given me)?
We also love to share an espresso on occasion. I have to tell you, she makes the best espresso I have ever had in my life. We both use bottled water, we both use the same brand of coffee and the same espresso machine.
Could it be something in the blood? A coffee gene?
I can cook, but I keep asking myself ‘will that amazing espresso always be out of my reach?’ Still, I refuse to give up!
Make sure you prepare this Liqueur in advance because you want to get it as cold as possible. So when it is ready just put up your feet, have a glass and together we can make a toast to a Very Happy Easter or a Merry Christmas, Salute! Enjoy.
Homemade Chocolate liqueur
- 2 cups 2 percent milk 490 grams
- 7/8 cup unsweetened cocoa 100 grams, use the best
- 2/3 cup vodka 150 mls
- 1 3/4 cups sugar 350 grams
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream 295 grams
- Using a whisk in a medium pot combine sugar and cocoa, then add milk and cream stir well (everything is cold at this point), when it is well combined place pot over medium heat, continue stirring, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Once it is cool add the vodka, milk and mix to combine completely. Pour into a bottle and refrigerate until really cold. Delicious served over ice too.
- Use within a week, shake well before serving.