Coffee Cream Liqueur this is for you if you love coffee, especially a creamy dense liqueur. Perfect after dinner, straight up, on the rocks, in your coffee or why not over some ice cream?
Italian Creamy Coffee Liqueur
I was intrigued by this Coffee Liqueur by a reader who asked about a dessert, based on a Mimosa Cake. The layers were soaked with a Coffee Cream Liqueur. So naturally I had to find out about this Liqueur.
I discovered that it is very popular in the South of Italy. A Coffee Cream or Crema di Caffe that is served in Coffee Bars all over Italy are very popular during the summertime. When a cold coffee is more appropriate and appreciated.
How to make a Coffee Liqueur
- In a medium pot add the strong coffee (espresso is what I used), milk, cream and sugar, heat on low / medium stirring gently with a wooden spoon until very hot and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a clean bowl and let cool completely before adding the vodka.
- Then pour the cooled mixture into a prepared bottle with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving.
- Shake well before tasting.
Tips for making the Best Coffee Cream Liqueur
- Make sure your ingredients are fresh with the longest date of expiry.
- Some people like to use instant coffee but I much prefer a strong liquid espresso.
- Italians use pure alcohol for all their liqueurs. But I prefer vodka, because it isn’t as strong. You decide.
- Do not let the milk cream mixture boil, just heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring gently.
- Be sure to let the mixture cool completely before adding the liquor.
- Let the Coffee Liqueur rest in the fridge for at least 2 days before tasting.
- Shake well before serving.
How to Serve Coffee Liqueur
This delicious Coffee Cream Liqueur can be served straight, but always very cold, you can store it in the freezer in a freezer safe bottle. Or serve it over ice.
Some people love a splash in their coffee or why not over your favourite ice cream, a new take on a “Caffe Affogato”, instead of using coffee pour some Cream Coffee Liqueur over your ice cream!
How to Store Coffee Cream Liqueur
Any cream Liqueur should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight bottle or container. It will last up to 2 weeks. Shake well before serving. If you love really cold liqueurs, you can also store the bottle in the freezer, make sure the bottle is freezer safe.
More Homemade Liqueurs
So when you are looking for a creamy quick and easy Coffee Liqueur I hope you give this one a try. Let me know how it goes. Enjoy!
Homemade Creamy Coffee Liqueur
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cold strong coffee (I use espresso) (65 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk (65 grams)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon whole / whipping cream (200 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup vodka (60 grams)
- In a medium pot add the coffee, milk, cream and sugar, heat on medium stirring until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is very hot, but do not boil. Remove from heat and pour into a clean bowl and let cool completely.
- Once the mixture is completely cool, stir in the vodka. Pour into a sterilized bottle with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate 2 days before consuming. Shake well before serving. Enjoy.